Vermilion City Hospitality UPDATED

Re: Vermilion City Hospitality

Dodge said:
Thought I'd treat my old fella to Hospitality for the Liverpool game for his birthday. Asked the club what's available and had a choice of Connel Club for £480 each or Vermilion for £180 each. As I'm not a millionaire I decided on the latter, naively thinking this maybe some swanky new restaurant at the ground...

Received tickets today and it turns out that this is OFFSITE hospitality, not at the stadium. Basically, have a meal, make your own way to the ground and sit in a cheap seat. So, in effect, no MCFC "experience" which is what I wanted for the old boy.

The hospitality brochure is very misleading i.e. "includes venue parking", which is in fact at the restaurant, not the ground.

In short, I've been had over. If I wanted a pre-match Curry I'd have gone down The Mile.

Anyone been to Vermilion and is the meal worth the fcukin extra £150.00 the club have fleeced me for?? Anyone experienced this "package" before?

Ta.

CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!. for just £155 I will supply you with a jolly good curry, two chairs and a table in the new "arena atmosphere" area as part of the ongoing hospitality experience that I am offering. You will get an official programme on or near the table, napkins and two free, yes free poppadoms.

If you upgrade to platinum level for just a tenner each you will also get an ice cold can of Singha, poured for you at the table upon arrival.

Your dedicated table host will lead the charge with heart rending renditions of "blue moon", "it should have been ten" and another song about david silva that we have not finalised yet.

On the big screen you will enjoy all the build up to the game - and if you crane your neck a little from your chair you may see some people being interviewed just for you and possibly a shit band.

Cash on the day is more than acceptable and I look forward to receiving your booking for this super match day fiasco, err experience, in due course.

yours in anticipation
bluestarprematchentertainmentlimitedandsons

Dodge said:
Thought I'd treat my old fella to Hospitality for the Liverpool game for his birthday. Asked the club what's available and had a choice of Connel Club for £480 each or Vermilion for £180 each. As I'm not a millionaire I decided on the latter, naively thinking this maybe some swanky new restaurant at the ground...

Received tickets today and it turns out that this is OFFSITE hospitality, not at the stadium. Basically, have a meal, make your own way to the ground and sit in a cheap seat. So, in effect, no MCFC "experience" which is what I wanted for the old boy.

The hospitality brochure is very misleading i.e. "includes venue parking", which is in fact at the restaurant, not the ground.

In short, I've been had over. If I wanted a pre-match Curry I'd have gone down The Mile.

Anyone been to Vermilion and is the meal worth the fcukin extra £150.00 the club have fleeced me for?? Anyone experienced this "package" before?

Ta.
I would ring them up and explain your situation.
Im sure they will come to some agreement about a refund or something else.

york away to this! said:
Dodge said:

Ta.

CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!. for just £155 I will supply you with a jolly good curry, two chairs and a table in the new "arena atmosphere" area as part of the ongoing hospitality experience that I am offering. You will get an official programme on or near the table, napkins and two free, yes free poppadoms.

If you upgrade to platinum level for just a tenner each you will also get an ice cold can of Singha, poured for you at the table upon arrival.

Your dedicated table host will lead the charge with heart rending renditions of "blue moon", "it should have been ten" and another song about david silva that we have not finalised yet.

On the big screen you will enjoy all the build up to the game - and if you crane your neck a little from your chair you may see some people being interviewed just for you and possibly a shit band.

Cash on the day is more than acceptable and I look forward to receiving your booking for this super match day fiasco, err experience, in due course.

yours in anticipation
bluestarprematchentertainmentlimitedandsons

If you can confirm it's a really shit band - I'm in..<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 pm --<br /><br />Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've gotta take it on the chin as I can't let the old fella down, just hope the curry takes away the pain..

Yeah right..

the Vermillion is a really good restaurant with an interesting bar

However the top menu, a sort of Asian fusion banquet was around £35 the last time I went and it was delicious.

Maybe they are now charging £140 for that menu?

That is a fucking rip off. That's bang out of order even if it was made clear. Vermillion often appears on Groupon for fuck all money. 180 notes? It's not worth 80 notes.

City essentially offer the Vermillion once all the 'cheaper' hospitality is sold out. For many, it is the cheapest way of getting a ticket for a game like this that would obviously sell out. For something like a home game against Stoke or similar, the Vermillion package will probably be avialable for about £90 all in.

You have essentially paid a 'tout' price for the match ticket (my scouse mate sold his away ticket for £130) and get a decent meal on top.

Taken from Mcfc website...

The matchday hospitality package includes:

• 3 course Thai fusion buffet at Vermilion Cinnabar

• Car parking at the restaurant

• Match ticket with Level 2 stadium seating

• Matchday programme

• From £115 plus vat pp

Vermillion Cinnabar is within walking distance of the stadium and is described as “Manchester’s über-cool concept restaurant and cocktail lounge/bar, offering an ultra cool blend of cutting edge design and Asian sophistication.”

Not having a go at the OP but surely the official site is the first port of call for hospitality enquiries? This being the case, Vermilion isn't even mentioned.

If you can cancel it, then do and go to another suite for another game maybe. I would suggest if you're not loaded, the Citizens Suite. I've not been in there, which sounds daft, but I have been in the 1894 which is just an expensive concourse (no food apart from to buy and it is packed out) and I've also been in the Connell (Fantastic but over the top dear unless you get a good deal for a cup game, which I did luckily). The Citizens though is a carvery meal so you get a nice suite, nice relaxing meal and good time and great seats.

Has it got red flock wallpaper, red velvet feel seating and some jiggly jangly music through the speaker in the corner, nice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.