Vermilion City Hospitality UPDATED

Re: Vermilion City Hospitality

That's a joke.

Do what that bloke did at Maine Road and run on the pitch in protest, dragging your wife and kid (or in your case, your dad) behind you.

That's the traditional form of expressing disquiet.

Direct transcript from the official City hospitality brochure:

* 3 course buffet at Vermilion Restaurant
* Cash bar facility
* Stadium seat
* Matchday programme
* Onsite parking at venue
* MCFC host on the day

No mention of offsite, until the letter arrived with the tickets.

Now, maybe I'm a bit of a dickhead for not doing my research, but I think its a fair assumption from reading the above, that this package is stadium based. Not everyone knows that the Vermilion is an "uber-cool" Asian fcukin fusion restaurant, I'm a pie and chips man normally, so the club is misleading people.

Someone mentioned that they couldn't find Vermilion on the website, which is true unless you dig deep. The fact is that I emailed the club to ask them for availability for the Liverpool game and they recommended this package, without mentioning it was offsite.

£150.00 + VAT is simply a rip-off for a curry, walk to the ground (with my 78 yr old Dad) and a cheap seat in the family stand.

Anyway, I'm committed to the expense as I cant let the old boy down, but any other Blues considering this "package" don't fall for it.

Forca Mancini..

Dodge said:

* Cash bar facility
* Stadium seat
* Matchday programme
* MCFC host on the day

Now, maybe I'm a bit of a dickhead for not doing my research, but I think its a fair assumption from reading the above, that this package is stadium based. Not everyone knows that the Vermilion is an "uber-cool" Asian fcukin fusion restaurant, I'm a pie and chips man normally, so the club is misleading people.

Someone mentioned that they couldn't find Vermilion on the website, which is true unless you dig deep. The fact is that I emailed the club to ask them for availability for the Liverpool game and they recommended this package, without mentioning it was offsite.

£150.00 + VAT is simply a rip-off for a curry, walk to the ground (with my 78 yr old Dad) and a cheap seat in the family stand.

Anyway, I'm committed to the expense as I cant let the old boy down, but any other Blues considering this "package" don't fall for it.

Forca Mancini..

Make of it as you want but I refer you to my post on page 2...

akcity said:
Dodge said:

* Cash bar facility
* Stadium seat
* Matchday programme
* MCFC host on the day

Forca Mancini..

ak I take your point but as I've said before, I communicated directly with the club and they offered me two packages - Connel Club at £400 + VAT or Vermilion at £150.00 + VAT. They sent me a .pdf of the brochure, which is summarised above, which DOES NOT mention off-site. They emailed me and again failed to mention off-site.

At best misleading, but in my opinion sharp practise.

I moved away from Manchester 20 odd years ago, so I'm not up with the local restaurant scene, the onus is on the club to be open and transparent.

It's simply a rip-off mate..

Anyway, I've emailed the club, I'll post their comments on here.

Dodge said:
akcity said:
Dodge said:

* Cash bar facility
* Stadium seat
* Matchday programme
* MCFC host on the day

Forca Mancini..

ak I take your point but as I've said before, I communicated directly with the club and they offered me two packages - Connel Club at £400 + VAT or Vermilion at £150.00 + VAT. They sent me a .pdf of the brochure, which is summarised above, which DOES NOT mention off-site. They emailed me and again failed to mention off-site.

At best misleading, but in my opinion sharp practise.

I moved away from Manchester 20 odd years ago, so I'm not up with the local restaurant scene, the onus is on the club to be open and transparent.

It's simply a rip-off mate..

Anyway, I've emailed the club, I'll post their comments on here.

You've been had big time. I would be fuming. False advertising surely?

Unless off course the MCFC host on the day was the Sheikh, then it might be considered money well spent.

OK, for those who are interested, just received a call from Peter Gallagher at the club, who have just offered me the following package they are trialling at the Fulham game:

Entrance via West Reception
Parking at the ground
Pre-match Finger Buffet in the exhibition centre
Exhibition Tour
Mini-tour of the ground
Level 2 Colin Bell Tickets
Photo opportunity with Premier League trophy, FA Cup & Comm Shield etc

£100.00 + VAT refund

Perfect for the old fella, my faith in the club thoroughly restored and job done.

..which of course leaves 2 seats at the curry house free if anyone's interested?

Get in..

Dodge said:
OK, for those who are interested, just received a call from Peter Gallagher at the club, who have just offered me the following package they are trialling at the Fulham game:

Entrance via West Reception
Parking at the ground
Pre-match Finger Buffet in the exhibition centre
Exhibition Tour
Mini-tour of the ground
Level 2 Colin Bell Tickets
Photo opportunity with Premier League trophy, FA Cup & Comm Shield etc

£100.00 + VAT refund

Perfect for the old fella, my faith in the club thoroughly restored and job done.

..which of course leaves 2 seats at the curry house free if anyone's interested?

Get in..

Can't say any fairer than that.

Hope you and your dad have a great time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.