Very popular songs you've never taken to

Just never really got what the fuss was all about. The critics certainly love them...rated #6 artist of all time on aggregator site acclaimedmusic.net. Unbelievable Jeff!

The "critics" may love them, but THE critic doesn't like them -- Robert Christgau. The only music critic that matters. Even about Kid A, which he begrudgingly liked, he said, "Alienated masterpiece -- nothing. It's dinner music. More claret?"

And I'm with others -- I have tried and tried and simply don't understand why they're popular. Maybe "House of Cards" -- maybe. They can do a credible version of "Ceremony." That's what they should be -- a cover band who specializes in depressives.

Who the fuck's Robert Christgau? Last thing I wanted was my dinner when I listened to Morning Bell tell y that for nowt. Beautiful piece of music but the songs meaning made (and still makes) me want to curl up into a ball and do man sobs

Aaaaanyway. Everything on the music channels on sky is shit. Every single song, all bollocks.
Sometimes I don't even have to hear a bands music to know they're shit. The name alone tells me they're going to be wank. It's a gift.

Sorry .... Tried to get into them from our music teacher at school lending me Dark Side Of the Moon (Also Zep, Purple, Hendrix and Sabs ... even got me and mate tix to The Who at Belle Vue ... top teacher) and even went with mates to see them live on the Animals tour, at Bingley cowshed, and also at the hallowed turf of Maine Road ... but they just leave me cold, and I find them very depressing .... especially when that public schoolboy, Gnu faced twat, Waters bangs on ..... Hey ho ....

Fair comment Blue. As Individuals I really don't think I would like any of them apart from Dave on guitar. I got into them when City where shit and I probably was a little depressed myself so music wise we were a match made in heaven. Throw a bit of the old 'Jamaican Old Holburn' into the equation and they've got me by the Kahuna's. Gonna go down and see the exhibition at the V&A in London in May. I could very well fetch due to how much their music means to me but I also understand each to there own. ;-)

As far as popular bands are concerned

Pink Floyd - never been able to get into these at all.

I struggle with red hot chilli peppers too, (the band).

The Grateful Dead

What's all that about?
I'm dead grateful that's exactly what they are. I'm of their era, or maybe a bit before, but I never got to
grips with them, that moaning fat **** got right on my tit-end, and I actually binned a girlfriend who was the spit
of a young Marianne Faithful, for the sole reason she never stopped playing their morbid shite.

All Northern soul.
All Genesis.
All Luther van dross
Most of Motown.
Most of Morrisey.
Corinne Bailey Rae.
The Weather girls.
Most of Lady Gaga.
Most of Sir Cliff
Most of Queen.
Kate Bush.
I hope that when they die they have to listen to 'Spirit in the Sky ' on an endless loop!

Who the fuck's Robert Christgau? Last thing I wanted was my dinner when I listened to Morning Bell tell y that for nowt. Beautiful piece of music but the songs meaning made (and still makes) me want to curl up into a ball and do man sobs

Aaaaanyway. Everything on the music channels on sky is shit. Every single song, all bollocks.
Sometimes I don't even have to hear a bands music to know they're shit. The name alone tells me they're going to be wank. It's a gift.

So, what are you trying to say? ;)

Spit it out ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.