Viagogo

Bluemoon230989

Not strictly speaking a City ticket issue but certainly a potential one.

Son bought his mother two tickets from viagogo to see Kylie (no comments please) at the arena tonight. They're told at the entrance that the tickets were originally bought with a stolen credit card and they're not coming in.
Can't get hold of viagogo tonight unsurprisingly.

So I guess you could buy a ticket for a City game off viagogo, turn up at the turnstile and not get in.

If anyone's interested I'll post an update as the whether or not there's a problem with the refund. I probably will even if anyone's not.

Son's obviously gutted as the tickets were a birthday present.

Bluemoon230989 said:
Not strictly speaking a City ticket issue but certainly a potential one.

Son bought his mother two tickets from viagogo to see Kylie (no comments please) at the arena tonight. They're told at the entrance that the tickets were originally bought with a stolen credit card and they're not coming in.
Can't get hold of viagogo tonight unsurprisingly.

So I guess you could buy a ticket for a City game off viagogo, turn up at the turnstile and not get in.

If anyone's interested I'll post an update as the whether or not there's a problem with the refund. I probably will even if anyone's not.

Son's obviously gutted as the tickets were a birthday present.

This wouldn't happen at City. When you buy concert tickets the original buyer handles the transaction with the concert venue. The tickets are then sent from seller to buyer via a viagogo courier. Viagogo themselves have no idea about the status of these concert tickets as they don't have a relationship with the concert venue. They are purely the platform that the tickets are sold on e.g. Like eBay.

At City they have a relationship with the club. When you buy a City viagogo ticket this is issued by city to viagogo who then send it to the buyer. Therefore they can guarantee that the ticket does not have the problem above.

you will have no trouble getting a refund for this.

Help me out Blues. I've bought two tickets for a musical for my daughter , face value £75 each. Turns out there is unprecedented demand for the show and for this performance in particular....so much so that I have now seen them being advertised on this site for £4,500 EACH. Now the tickets are paperless and you need to show both proof of ID and the card you purchased the tickets on at the theatre, so how does a resell even work?!

Help me out Blues. I've bought two tickets for a musical for my daughter , face value £75 each. Turns out there is unprecedented demand for the show and for this performance in particular....so much so that I have now seen them being advertised on this site for £4,500 EACH. Now the tickets are paperless and you need to show both proof of ID and the card you purchased the tickets on at the theatre, so how does a resell even work?!
Is it Elvis.?

Hate viagogo and all resale sites. Takes tickets out of the hands of real fans. So many gigs the last few years have sold out ridiculously quick, only for thousands of tickets to appear on sites like this at hugely inflated prices. Its a joke and they should be made illegal.

Anyone who wants to resell their tickets without ripping people off should try Twickets.com, all tickets on there are sold at face value or less.

Hate viagogo and all resale sites. Takes tickets out of the hands of real fans. So many gigs the last few years have sold out ridiculously quick, only for thousands of tickets to appear on sites like this at hugely inflated prices. Its a joke and they should be made illegal.

Anyone who wants to resell their tickets without ripping people off should try Twickets.com, all tickets on there are sold at face value or less.
This 100%. A lot of these sites have deals with the promoters to automatically get a percentage of the tickets and resell them at way above market value. If you genuinely can't go then you should sell them at face value to someone who wants to go. If it was a City game you'd be getting stick for it, so this should be no different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.