Victor Andrade (Santos)

Matt the Giant

Never heard of the kid, who is supposedly the "new Neymar".

From the Mirror online:

Brazilian's latest wonder-kid Victor Andrade catches eye of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City
3 Aug 2013 22:30

The 17-year-old says: “I think it will be a great education for me. Everybody around the world knows about the strength of the Premier League"

Victor-Andrade-2120628.jpg

The new wonder-kid of Brazilian football wants to play in Europe – and that has alerted top sides in the Premier League.

Arsenal, Chelsea and ­Manchester City are all aware of the talents of 17-year-old Victor Andrade who is already a first team regular at Santos.

His contract runs out at the end of the season and he has made it clear that he will not sign a new deal. That makes him available at a bargain price of less than £2.5 million – the development fee Santos will receive.

Andrade has been labelled the ‘New Neymar’ as he bids to follow in the footsteps of the Brazil star who has joined Barcelona for £57million.

And Andrade is now keen to move to Europe and follow in the footsteps of his godfather Robinho. There will be no work permit issues because he qualifies for Portuguese citizenship through his mother’s side of the family.

And Andrade insists that he wants a move to Europe sooner rather than later.

“Quite simply, I would love to play in Europe,” said Andrade. “My godfather Robinho has told me of the great experiences he had at Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan. He told me how it made him a better player because playing in Europe means you must adapt to different styles and systems.

“I think it will be a great education for me. Everybody around the world knows about the strength of the Premier League.

“And many Brazilian players have done well when they have played in England. Players like David Luiz and Oscar at Chelsea and now Paulinho has gone to Tottenham to play
alongside Sandro.

“It is a very exciting prospect for me. My dream is to play for Brazil in the World Cup and I believe that moving to Europe will help me because it will help my all-round game.

“I have no problem with Santos. They have helped me a lot. But I think the time is right for me to experience a change.”

Victor Andrade is a client of NVA Entertainment Group.

Original article:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-victor-andrade-2120450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... de-2120450</a>

Anyone knows anything about this kid?

He's been mentioned/linked on the below thread,of all people by Mancio.......... backed by LoveCity I might add.......

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=274156&hilit=victor+andrade&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=274156&hilit=victor+andrade&start=70</a>

Could this be one/both of the 2 South Americans mentioned?

Tixxi did spend time in South America scouting recently.

Looks like he has minds set on coming to the Premier, maybe this is one of the players Txiki was in Brazil supposedly looking at.

Very young though, could he make the step up this soon in his career??

It would be pointless putting him in the EDS when he is getting regular game time in Brazil for Santos, maybe we can buy him and loan him back??

Not sure how he would qualify under Govt restrictions, not made the necessary international appearances? Does young age help?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.