Victor Valdes

we need someone who would challenge hart for the spot not to be 2nd .....i will rather spend 10-15M on a good keeper who will battle hart than signing shit like valdes just to do fuck all on the bench

we need someone who would challenge hart for the spot not to be 2nd .....i will rather spend 10-15M on a good keeper who will battle hart than signing shit like valdes just to do fuck all on the bench
If he comes in purely as a (Goalkeeping) coach, I've no objection at all.

If Hart is sticking around, as first choice, I'd much rather see Angus Gunn promoted to his understudy, and gain some invaluable experience, working with Pep, rather than being loaned out to some kick & rush manager, at a lower division club elsewhere.

Though to be fair, I dont get to any EDS matches, these days, so I'm not really in a position to say whether the kid is ready to step up

Last edited:
If he comes in purely as a (Goalkeeping) coach, I've no objection at all. If Hart's sticking around, as first choice, I'd much rather see Angus Gunn promoted to his understudy, and gain some invaluable experience, working with Pep, rather than being loaned out to some lower division club elsewhere.

Though to be fair, I dont get to any EDS matches, these days, so I'm not really in a position to say whether the kid is ready to step up

If he's ready to step up then he needs to be sent out on loan. Keepers have to play if they're going to become a top class number 1. It's not like we can throw him on for 20 minutes when we're winning.

ESPN say it as well.

Do we ever learn?

Buy the best!!

Because the club is trying to save money this summer to fix the outfield positions. It seems that way. Ederson rumours have died down completely, Pickford seems to be going to Everton.

Then if our GK department still not performing next season, then the club could spend big money for GK when we don't have to overhaul the squad. Maybe this is the thinking?

If he can still do the business then why not, not seen much of him since his heyday though if truth be told. His utd stint was by all accounts not a nice time for him so he may even make a few comments about how they are a pack of nipples, worth it just for that really :-D

Seriously though if he can do it then why not, i'm game.

Because the club is trying to save money this summer to fix the outfield positions. It seems that way. Ederson rumours have died down completely, Pickford seems to be going to Everton.

Then if our GK department still not performing next season, then the club could spend big money for GK when we don't have to overhaul the squad. Maybe this is the thinking?

I think this is the best strategy. A better back line should lower the number and quality of chances that the GK will have to stop. I really don't want to watch us spend 30m for a keeper when that could be spent for a quality fullback/CB/DM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.