Victor Valdes

To be fair he is quite right... as much as I love Kun, and he would always be one of the most remembered City player of that era, he doesn't fit more often than he does, and also is quite past his very best... For me watching him 2-3-4 years ago and today is like: Yes he can score, yes he can score cracker, but you can't stop thinking "God I remember times when he was scoring that one for fun", he lost a bit of that flair, that charisma on the field... I could post you at least 5 goals form past seasons which he would not score today, leaving 4 players in blocks, bursting past few players for example for 93:20 goal.. he had that extra, that specialness, he was so so so brave. Now he is just very very good. (I have the same feeling watching Messi tbf, remember when he was bursting past 6 players for fun to score impossible goal, now he just scores, he is killer, ones could say he is just so pragmatic - the best of them all at it, but as Kun nowadays, he lost a little bit of that flair that took you off the chair few times a game)

That's what I see for example GJ better fit for the role we need today. He will not score some goals that Sergio is putting into the net time and time again (not yet) , but he will create and score far more of the other goals that Aguero will not - because of the willingness, that desire and hunger, and he will only improve. Passes he makes, the vision of them is something that Kun, as much as I would love him to, will not posses. He leaves too much space between lines, doesn't link up equally well, and we just look twice a team with GJ in than with Kun (for me of course). Don't get me wrong, Aguero is one of the very very best attackers, will win man of the match from time to time, will score goals, loads of them, but he is not the best we can have in that position.

For me, we can have 2 more good seasons from Aguero, no problem with it. But if we would have 65-70+ mil on the table, we should take it, because it's last chance to cash on him, and I think (would be so happy to be proved wrong) we will not see Sergio at his very very best again, maybe in flashes, but not permanently.

It's only my opinion ofc, but I think that honestly you could not say you can look on Aguero in his best form few years ago, when only injuries could stop him, and in the last 1,5 year and say "it's the same player, he is better now, he is improving". It's like Yaya today and in his very best... someone who sees him first time in very good game could say "wow he is great"... and you can not help but thinking "yep, but I still remember when his best today was norm, and he could go level or two up from that."

Just my feeling, and it's only opinion don't take it personally mate. I love Aguero, will always remember him, have "93:20" tattoed on my arm etc. but I sadly have to agree with that he does not fit... or to be more precise, he does not fit as much as he could, or some others could and can in the same role, and will not.
Appreciate you taking the time to post that but it basically boils down to the same thing that everyone else who thinks he doesn't fit is saying and I still disagree.

Appreciate you taking the time to post that but it basically boils down to the same thing that everyone else who thinks he doesn't fit is saying and I still disagree.

And You have every right to :) opinion is like arse, everyone has his own. I think we will know sooner or later who was right, and as I said I would absolutely love to be proved wrong whit this one.

Anyway thanks for reply, goodnight

And You have every right to :) opinion is like arse, everyone has his own. I think we will know sooner or later who was right, and as I said I would absolutely love to be proved wrong whit this one.

Anyway thanks for reply, goodnight
No worries. Hopefully the management will see fit to give him the chance he's earned to prove himself.

Sam Lee claims that City are considering him. Can't see it myself, unless both Bravo and Caballero leave in the summer.

Sam Lee claims that City are considering him. Can't see it myself, unless both Bravo and Caballero leave in the summer.

Caballero is out of contract and is 36 in September so I see him leaving.

I think Bravo is staying regardless.

Either we have been quoted too much on outfield positions and to fit within our budget we think we will have to sacrifice going for a goalkeeper for a season, or Pep wants to be justified over the signing of Bravo

Caballero is out of contract and is 36 in September so I see him leaving.

I think Bravo is staying regardless.

Either we have been quoted too much on outfield positions and to fit within our budget we think we will have to sacrifice going for a goalkeeper for a season, or Pep wants to be justified over the signing of Bravo

I think Caballero will leave, and Bravo will be second choice with a new keeper coming in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.