Victor Valdes

Quite. I am certainly hoping we get an upgrade on Clichy and it would be nice not to be in a position where we have to sign a player just because they are HG rather than a player we really want.

Upgrade on clichy?? Surely it's kolarov who will go first with being foreign and gash. Clichy OK as back up for another year, plus home grown!!

Upgrade on clichy?? Surely it's kolarov who will go first with being foreign and gash. Clichy OK as back up for another year, plus home grown!!
Yes in squad terms but i am talking about the first team. I take it as read Kolorov is finished.

The new Richard Wright, can help coach the younger keepers on the books and won't moan as second choice.
As long as he can still perform its a brilliant move.

Surprised it's taken this long for him to be linked. Was the first g/k name I thought of a few months back when I started thinking about new back ups for Joe.

Surprised it's taken this long for him to be linked. Was the first g/k name I thought of a few months back when I started thinking about new back ups for Joe.

Question is: is he really being considered or is it just so obvious a link that someone in the press has taken a punt?

If there is no lasting serious impact from his bad injury, he ought to make a decent back-up. I note my Dutch friend referring to attitude problems but I trust Pep would only bring him in on the understanding that he was prepared to be number 2 if he (VV) cannot oust Joe on merit and I wouldn't expect him to as I rate Joe as a better keeper.

I watched VV a lot when he was a Barca and rated him very highly. 34 is not old for a keeper - just look at Buffon at 38 and him with long standing chronic back problems.

The Valdes - Van Gaal spat was the reason why the Spaniards all fell out with LVG and spent time out of the team. DDG, Mata and Herrera would all have been uneasy with another year of LVG. Hope Madrid take DDG but I doubt.

VV is still ok age wise for a keeper as OB1 mentions above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.