Victor Wanyama

Jackson-ctid

I have seen him put Xavi and Pirlo in his back pocket over the last 6 months. This is the player we need to partner Yaya.

ono said:
I thought he was awful last night, especially with the ball at his feet. Decent tackler and strong and athletic, but that's about it. Passing was awful.

I agree!

Looks like another case of people believing the media hype.

Looked great against Barca when he was just tackling and preventing them from playing but last night, although he played well in the above type role he was shite with the ball at his feet.

mgreenz97 said:
Actually haven't been watching him at all in the Champions League.
What player could you compare him to?

A more physical Mikel, not got a Scholesy or Pirlo passing range but plays the simple pass to the right men, reads the game well, wins the ball in the air,can play as a centre back, is quick on the ground, would have him ahead Garcia.

Kun Aguero said:
mgreenz97 said:
Actually haven't been watching him at all in the Champions League.
What player could you compare him to?

A more physical Mikel, not got a Scholesy or Pirlo passing range but plays the simple pass to the right men, reads the game well, wins the ball in the air,can play as a centre back, is quick on the ground, would have him ahead Garcia.

Sounds impressive. I will definitely have to watch the second leg vs Juve.
How old is he?

A big, powerful player who is only 21.

Has he got passing like Pirlo? No.

He wins the ball and plays a simple pass to a better player. His short passing is very good. He's brilliant at tackling and wins the ball back so much. He's basically a taller, stronger version of Nigel de Jong.

He's been superb in the Champion's League. He was a monster against Barcelona in both games and last night against Juventus Pirlo didn't get a sniff.

I'd have him ahead of Javi Garcia and Gareth Barry.

Andrea Pirlo did not score any goals or register any assists for Juventus. Regardless, the Italian midfielder had his fingerprints all over the outcome of this match.

The playmaker was the most prolific passer in terms of volume for his side with 64. He was accurate too, completing 81 percent of his attempts. Only Andrea Barzagli came close to passing the ball as much as Pirlo did for Juventus with 50 tries.

Juventus were clearly looking for their maestro on Tuesday. Pirlo was intelligent with his passing, knowing when to slow the game down with square balls and when to test the leaky Celtic back line with more adventurous passes.

The abundant skill set of one of the best distributors Europe has to offer was on full display in Scotland.

Yeah, great job Wankayanka did there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.