Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

I recently watched a game of youth rugby. None of the players fainted injury nor discussed with the ref other than the captain. The pitch was besides a footballpitch where there was a youthgame of football being played. After the rugbygame was finished, the young rugbyplayers walked pass the footballpitch and simultanioulsy pretended crying after one of the young footballplayers went down (and stayed down). It's how sad the state of football has become long ago.

Look, football is a game where it is almost exepted players cheat and act. Refs make mistakes and managers often use them to hide. Yes, we have had some really poor descisions against us this season and many the seasons before. And I do believe there is some kind of agenda against us as well. But videorefs imho can only help football. It'll give managers less moaning about, papers less to write about and fans less to be suspicious about, and probably make players better by playing the game according to the rules.

Now, back to the agenda please. Much more exciting ...

I think the accuracy of decisions to be more important than just about anything (within reason), especially given the money involved at the top levels and small margins in games.

Do you believe this to be the first trial of video referring? France played a friendly last year where it was used as it was in every game in the Club World Cup last December. Please don't tar me with your ignorance on previous uses of technology, none of which have been a disaster, mate.

And how much flow do you really believe there is in a game of football. You reference the match against Liverpool last week but the ball was still only in play for only 2/3rds of the allotted 90 minutes.

Would you have preferred to have had a 15 second additional pause before a goal kick where we are awarded a penalty and a red card given to Milner or would you prefer the goal kick to be taken by Liverpool posthaste?

As a City fan you must be well aware that we benefit least from the current system when compared to our "big six" rivals. Take the 4-2 loss at Leicester, four penalties were missed in that game alone.

The only potential downside is how the powers that be implement TMOs. But that is the reason why there are trials, to ensure they get it right for when every game utilises technology. How is it right that only 4 people out of 1 million plus watching the match do not get the privilege of seeing a situation a second time to ensure the correct decision is given.
Looks like my pontification about you avoiding points wasn't far off the mark @gordondaviesmoustache seeing as you ignored this post to crack wise at the shorter one beneath it.

Looks like my pontification about you avoiding points wasn't far off the mark @gordondaviesmoustache seeing as you ignored this post to crack wise at the shorter one beneath it.
What can I say? I'm an inveterate entertainer.

I like the fact that this is still niggling you nearly a day later, even though you've repeatedly posted on the thread in the intervening period....

Fancy meeting up on the 23rd?

But that's the thing. Were video technology used then there would be no hiding the incorrect decision that was ruling out Gabbiadini's opener.
As I've said, it's the rags we're talking about. If you're right and I'm wrong, I'll hold my hand up and say so. But I still have the sneaking feeling that they will get a free pass under the Scudamore/Gill/Riley law "for the good of the game".

Time will tell. Remember, it's been going on since the late 50s - I can't (sic) quite recall the exact date.

late attempt to avoid prosecutions after those tax evasion raids today - quick reverse decisions and reimburse the envelope full of cash..... what bribe officer? Nothing to see here - we have just made sure the correct decision was made ..... zut alors....merde.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.