Video refs

Recently went to a Rugby match at Newcastle Falcons. The review system disrupted the game and the ref reviewed nearly everything. It was like he could avoid his responsibility to make any actual decisions. At one point he stood in front of the screen watching replay after replay of a high tackle and still got the decision wrong.

Recently went to a Rugby match at Newcastle Falcons. The review system disrupted the game and the ref reviewed nearly everything. It was like he could avoid his responsibility to make any actual decisions. At one point he stood in front of the screen watching replay after replay of a high tackle and still got the decision wrong.

Its not a perfect system and it wont always get things right but it gets 99% of calls correct and I've yet to see a game of Rugby since its introduction have a result as a direct result of a piss poor or bent ref.

If we can stop a game because of a head injury then we can stop a game to review a penalty decision or a sending off etc and a few minutes spent looking at a replay and getting the decision right even 99% of the time is a hell of a lot better than the lottery we have now at best and the obvious biased cheating we get at worst.

Its not a perfect system and it wont always get things right but it gets 99% of calls correct and I've yet to see a game of Rugby since its introduction have a result as a direct result of a piss poor or bent ref.

If we can stop a game because of a head injury then we can stop a game to review a penalty decision or a sending off etc and a few minutes spent looking at a replay and getting the decision right even 99% of the time is a hell of a lot better than the lottery we have now at best and the obvious biased cheating we get at worst.

totally agree and yesterday with a 30 sec check from a video ref would have resulted in a pen and red card, and potentially 3-1 and game over but more importantly the correct decision would have been made rather than guessing which is what marriner was doing, who knows what the lino was doing because i was right in line behind him in the second tier and i could see the push, mind you he had owl like eyes for jesus's offside

totally agree and yesterday with a 30 sec check from a video ref would have resulted in a pen and red card, and potentially 3-1 and game over but more importantly the correct decision would have been made rather than guessing which is what marriner was doing, who knows what the lino was doing because i was right in line behind him in the second tier and i could see the push, mind you he had owl like eyes for jesus's offside
Didn't he just.. was he not the same lino at spuds last year who missed two blatant offies.?

if he he wasn't, he fuckin should have been.

too much money in the game for this shit to carry on.

That is a more important point imo.

Where I'm sat I have the same position as the lino & everyone was up instantly shouting for the pen, before Sterling even kicked the ball. He saw it but chose to ignore it.

Sterling in a Liverpool shirt will get that pen, 100% of the time & probably the earlier shout & the one at Everton.

If we give these people the chance to favour Utd, Liverpool etc using video, they will. Yes, we will get that pen, but they will stitch us up on everything else.

That is a more important point imo.

Where I'm sat I have the same position as the lino & everyone was up instantly shouting for the pen, before Sterling even kicked the ball. He saw it but chose to ignore it.

Sterling in a Liverpool shirt will get that pen, 100% of the time & probably the earlier shout & the one at Everton.

If we give these people the chance to favour Utd, Liverpool etc using video, they will. Yes, we will get that pen, but they will stitch us up on everything else.

we have to take the guesswork away from the officials, modern day footballers are too quick for these middle aged men and women, there is too much at stake in todays game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.