Video replays

blue b4 the moon

I've posted this in the Melbourne thread but think it's worthy of a wider a audience.

They are trialing video replays in a booth in the game today, all i can see is that they have bottled desicions.

The most worrying part is and this is more than relevant to us is the commentary team have just said the review team have notes on players who go down easily etc.

This sort of stuff would be done over here as well...... Impartial my arse.

All for video ref but it has to be open to view and hear the ref comments as they do in rugby otherwise it will be just the same.

The notes on players take us right to the heart of the matter. It doesn't matter what aids officials have if the problem which needs tackling is not the difficulty of the decision but the question of the objectivity and impartiality of the officials.

If they have notes on players effectively pre judging them its an utter disgrace.

When it comes in the ref and video ref have to be mic'd up and the crowd at the game and any tv audience has to be able to listen to any conversation they have.

Transparency is absolute key.

I'm totally opposed to the introduction of video technology. I don't think we've scored a goal this season that the pundits haven't found some fault with. I don't think we've suffered a refereeing injustice that hasn't had some pathetic justifying excuse made for it. I don't, for one second, think the poor decisions going against us in big games are coincidental and I can't see why the Premier League would be out to do us any favours.

There wouldn't be a single goal from a corner that you couldn't rule out for pushing and shoving if you were minded to. Look at the disallowed goals in the Stoke away game where Stoke and ourselves were made a dubious example of.

I'd stake my house that if they bring this in, the likes of Stoke or West Brom will have the most goals overturned or goals against them ruled "not offside" but, of the top six, we'll be easily the most adversely effected.

It has to come into being with all the cock-ups that are happening at present. My worry is how fair and impartial the video referee will be and how transparent his verdict is made to the paying fan.

What I am astounded at is how it appears that non of our technically gifted fans have managed to tap into the conversations between the referee, linesmen and fourth official. Surely there must be some sort of scanner on the market that would enable somebody to listen in to the dialogue?

That would make for some interesting listening!

Bout time vid reefs came in, but should be objective with no pre note on previous games events.

Also refs and linemen need to be miked so we can hear and player cracked down on for.language in tha evemt.

Luiz on wed getting a yellow then twlling dean to fuck off, if on mike and audible them anmothe ryellow and off, would ahut ****s like him and rooney up

All for video ref but it has to be open to view and hear the ref comments as they do in rugby otherwise it will be just the same.

If this doesn't happen with video assistance when the ostriches finally get their heads from up their sandy arses we will have nowt but an electronic version of what we have now - Jimmy Where There's Muck There's Brass And Where There's Brass There's Milner taking out Sterling two feet from the goal line, and the video ref has already decided that Sterling 'goes down easily, the decision will be play on! Or when Sergio gets chopped and Mike Fuckin Jones refers the booking for diving, it'll come back as confirmed! The jokers who govern the game now will be very reluctant to be party to a scheme whereby what goes on during a game determines the result. It's dynamite stuff!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.