Video replays

During the Them vs Everton fixture, Webb, in his role as refereeing analyst, first vindicated the decision to rule Ibrahimovic as offside but, second, acknowledged that the benefit of any doubt should favour the attacking side. Irrespective of the technology available, decisions will still be made by inconsistent humans who are riddled with years of prejudice. I await AI and having computers make the decision.

Maybe we all need to send in e-mails if we spot any injustices on TV in future!

http://www.golfcentraldaily.com/2017/04/video-tv-viewer-catches-lexi-thompson.html?m=1
When I heard about this incident I had some sympathy with Lexi Thompson.

Having seen the video I can now see that she clearly cheated and deserved the penalty.

It wasn't as if she marked her ball and walked to the edge of the green whilst her playing partner putted out, then had a brain fade on returning to her marker.

She went to tap in a short put then hesitated, put the marker down to the side and slightly behind the ball then picked the ball up briefly before replacing it in front of the marker. She clearly knew what she was doing and the ball had probably stopped in a badly repaired pitch mark which she thought might effect the roll of the ball.

If that was the case she should have brought this to the attention of the rules officials and her playing partner before continuing.

To feign surprise when informed of the penalty just compounded the error.

You do not get away with much in the game of Golf.

After games,the likes of Webb,Poll Hackett and Gallagher often disagree in their columns / TV slots on decisions. How can we trust Video Refs when ex FIFA officials can`t agree when they have had a day or days to review ?

I'm for it, too many wrong decisions ruining games.

However I think it should be done slowly with set decisions that can be reviewed. E.g. they've already done goal-line technology, next go for offsides for goals, wouldn't be hard to introduce a technology similar to how they show it on TV with a line to show if someone is on/off.

Having it suddenly thrown into the mix with no definitive system in place & anything able to be reviewed is just asking for a mess.

I'm for it, too many wrong decisions ruining games.

However I think it should be done slowly with set decisions that can be reviewed. E.g. they've already done goal-line technology, next go for offsides for goals, wouldn't be hard to introduce a technology similar to how they show it on TV with a line to show if someone is on/off.

Having it suddenly thrown into the mix with no definitive system in place & anything able to be reviewed is just asking for a mess.
See I never understand this logic. If its only for a few decisions then the game isnt really fair.

It will happen sadly but the implementation of it will kill a lot the excitement in football. Every time a goal goes in you will have to wait 30 seconds to make sure its not chalked off and that does kill the buzz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.