General Videogame Thread

The recent future games have been awful and has put many people off the franchise.

This is the "leaked" artwork for the new game..

490130_832x500.jpg

It could be fan made and the title "WWII" isn't exactly original...

This was the teaser they released earlier in the year...

Avoid like the plague lads.

I was drinking in a bar a few years back and got chatting to some lads from Activision. They were about to roll out Black Ops 3. I was ribbing them saying Halo 5, Destiny, Doom etc had stole their thunder and asked them what did they have to compete with that bunch. One of the lads went white and soberly said "nothing. honestly, we're stumped about what to do with the games. But we have the brand and that'll sell copies".

Fast forward to this year and they are openly saying the last game was a disaster and they finally realise they've taken the franchise in the wrong direction.

The big, big problem is that this one was already in development before they realised they had a problem. So this one will probably be butchered at the last minute to try fix issues, but it's probably too late to do anything substantial.

I'll wait until the one after this myself.

I think for me i prefer games i can play a story through and not just running around online getting killed. Games like this, COD etc drive me mad as all i seem to do is start, die, repeat all in about a 5 second cycle. Drives me mad. At least with COD games there is a story mode to them so you can actually enjoy the game play.

A story is all well and good but having a decent online mode is a must for PC gamers. I'm hoping it will be Battlefield 1 with a Star Wars skin as the game mechanics are near enough spot on. First person is a must. Playing with friends, on VOIP, in a fantastic multiplayer Star Wars universe like Battlefield 1, would be brilliant.

I don't hold out much hope though.

Picked up Red Dead Redemption yesterday for £6 and after playing it for a few hours I still think its the best open world game ever made. Absolutely everything just clicks, from the characters to the writing, to the combat and the music(i forgot how good the music is). I love the GTA series and the the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games but only The Witcher 3 comes close to RDR.

I really looking forward to the sequel this year but im also a bit worried that it may not be as good as this one

Picked up Red Dead Redemption yesterday for £6 and after playing it for a few hours I still think its the best open world game ever made. Absolutely everything just clicks, from the characters to the writing, to the combat and the music(i forgot how good the music is). I love the GTA series and the the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games but only The Witcher 3 comes close to RDR.

I really looking forward to the sequel this year but im also a bit worried that it may not be as good as this one
This is Rockstar we're talking about. It will be excellent. The main thing they have to get right is the map, which they will have really focused on to get the best they can out of the current generation of consoles.

Just finished off Horizon Zero Dawn before Persona 5 gets here! Got to say the game is well written and isn't too clustered with a open world filled with nothingness.... It's probably one of the best constructed open world games I've ever played, most these days go for a large map filled with nothing but HZD does it really well.

The after credits pissed me off a bit though.

Just finished off Horizon Zero Dawn before Persona 5 gets here! Got to say the game is well written and isn't too clustered with a open world filled with nothingness.... It's probably one of the best constructed open world games I've ever played, most these days go for a large map filled with nothing but HZD does it really well.

The after credits pissed me off a bit though.
I just can't get into this game ye it looks stunning but I can't put my finger on it why I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread

I just can't get into this game ye it looks stunning but I can't put my finger on it why I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread

Yeah I was like that at first to be fair. I think open world games have been done to death now, these last 10 years everyone seems to be pumping them out annually, so I find they all become samey, samey.....

Everything this game does, it does it right.... in its own right it probably deserves a 9-10/10, but its nowhere near the best game I've ever played, but it was enjoyable.

On a personal rate, I'd give it an 8/10

Playing persona 5, loving it at the moment. They've stayed with the style of the 3rd and 4th, but have spruced some things up as well.

The colours are vibrant yet it still has that dark feel to the game, the UI is brilliant as well... not very far on it yet but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.