General Videogame Thread

Prey is worth anyone's money. Bioshock meets Half-life meets.... The Stanley Parable? First hour is.... uhhh. Wow. The more you mess around in that first area, the crazier it gets. Incredibly well crafted, the way it teases you.

PS I'm retrospectively awarding Dishonored 2 game of the year 2016.

major-centerpieces-of-the-era-like-cross-country-railroads-directly-play-in-to-red-dead-redemption-2.jpg

stagecoaches-are-another-feature-of-red-dead-redemption-2-from-the-looks-of-this-one-the-cargo-is-of-enough-importance-that-four-armed-men-on-horseback-are-riding-along-as-protection.jpg

some-of-the-best-moments-of-the-original-red-dead-redemption-were-being-alone-in-a-gorgeous-area-marveling-at-the-lush-environment-while-trotting-through-on-horseback-those-quiet-moments-will-clearly-make-a-return-in-the-sequel.jpg

its-not-clear-exactly-when-red-dead-redemption-2-takes-place-the-previous-game-tracked-the-transition-of-the-american-frontier-from-its-wild-west-days-to-the-beginning-of-modernity-the-sequel-seemingly-takes-a-step-back-in-time.jpg

revolvers-shotguns-and-rifles-are-sure-to-be-standard-means-of-dealing-with-hostile-encounters.jpg

RDR 2 screenshots released yesterday.

Prey is worth anyone's money. Bioshock meets Half-life meets.... The Stanley Parable? First hour is.... uhhh. Wow. The more you mess around in that first area, the crazier it gets. Incredibly well crafted, the way it teases you.
That sounds incredible. Half Life is my favourite game of all time; Bioshock is, pound for pound, probably the best game of the last generation; and The Stanley Parable is excellent, too.

I gather that the new Prey bears no resemblance to it, but I also really enjoyed the original Prey back on the 360. Definitely one for those "great games that hardly anyone played" lists.

Right. I am now officially addicted to Cities Skylines. A wonderful relaxing game which makes you think. Got it on Xbox One and thinking of upgrading my laptop so I can play it via steam and get mod support. My city is called Madchester and my districts are named after songs. I have Pacific 202 heights. Blue Monday valley and Waterfall Place!

The mod support makes the game for me.

The kind of game you can waste countless hours on!

Yeah like 1250 hours *gulps*

What do you do on Breath Of The Wild after the divine beasts? I'm loving it so far, but I'm worried about doing it too quickly.
Defeat the Calamity Gannon in Hyrule Castle. Don't just go straight for the Devine Beasts. Allow yourself to wonder/get all the armor sets/hidden weapons/hidden armor sets/Shrines etc.

Playing Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn! Had to knock it on the head whilst I was doing uni stuff! Now I've finished for a year I've renewed my subscription! Never been one for MMOs but love this world and I'm currently trying to get my mates on it as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.