General Videogame Thread

Is that the same game that's been available on pc for the past 3 years? Why they rereleasing for ps4?
They always intended to, but Xbox One had timed exclusivity for consoles.

I've been patiently waiting for two years for a PS4 release: my PC was never good enough to run it (until after I pre-ordered the PS4 version when I was forced to buy a new laptop anyway); I also have an XBox One but only have online subscription to PSN.

I'm just hoping it plays well with a PS4 controller. I used to play a lot of space flight sims but always had a joystick for those.

Just read the following:

'Additionally, a retail edition of the game for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One will also go on shelves by the end of June. Packaged as the Elite: Dangerous Legendary Edition, it includes the Horizons expansion and 1,000 Frontier points, the in-game currency.

Horizons, added to the game at the end of 2015, added a slew of features to the game, including planetary landings and exploration with ground vehicles, multicrew co-operative play and a crafting system. Our hands-on impressions of the expansion called it "a space adventure unlike any other."

Didnt play the version from a few years back, but sounds like it now comes with a few enhancements. Just so long as its not another 'No Mans sky'.

Seems less cheap if they're releasing an expanded version.
The original is on steam sale at the moment for £10! Got some mixed reviews but I know a lot of PC gamers tend to be fickle bastards....

Honestly can't wait for the re-release of crash bandicoot hopefully it brings bacon all the old memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They always intended to, but Xbox One had timed exclusivity for consoles.

I've been patiently waiting for two years for a PS4 release: my PC was never good enough to run it (until after I pre-ordered the PS4 version when I was forced to buy a new laptop anyway); I also have an XBox One but only have online subscription to PSN.

I'm just hoping it plays well with a PS4 controller. I used to play a lot of space flight sims but always had a joystick for those.

Good luck with that mate. I bought a Hotas joystick thingy just for this game. There are a bewildering amount of controls.

Good luck with that mate. I bought a Hotas joystick thingy just for this game. There are a bewildering amount of controls.
Yeah I'm pondering doing the same. Did you get the Thrustmaster 4 or whatever it's called? Frontier have said that's the only model that's compatible with the game but it's rather pricey.

For the retro gamers among you..the SNES Mini is due out in September and is available to pre-order for £80. Apparently there will be greater availability of this item than the NES mini which was released last year.

The miniature console contains 20 built in games plus Star Fox 2 which was never released.

he Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System contains 21 pre-installed classic games, can easily be plugged into any high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable. For the first time, players who pick up the system can enjoy the intergalactic adventure Star Fox 2, the sequel to the original Star Fox (originally titled Starwing upon release in Europe) game that was created during the Super Nintendo era but never released … anywhere! The Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System has the same look and feel of the original system - only smaller - and comes pre-loaded with 21 games: •Contra III: The Alien Wars Donkey Kong Country •Earth-bound •Final Fantasy III •F-ZERO •Kirby Super Star •Kirby's Dream Course •The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past •Mega Man X •Secret of Mana •Star Fox •Star Fox 2 •Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting •Super Castlevania IVSuper Ghouls 'n Ghosts •Super Mario Kart •Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars •Super Mario World •Super Metroid •Super Punch-Out!! •Yoshi's Island All of these games would be considered classics by anyone's standards, and some of them in particular - Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Earth-bound and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - are massive role-playing games that can take dozens of hours to complete. Even for super fans who have played all of these games multiple times, the inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 will offer them something entirely new to enjoy (players must prove their skill by completing the first level of the original Star Fox before Star Fox 2 is unlocked to play).

Really enjoying Elite Dangerous on the PS4 so far. Really hard work at first but love the trading/missions and building up credits to improve my ship. Exploring new systems is so much better than No Mans Sky was, no comparison so far between the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.