General Videogame Thread

I play Tekken 7 if anyone wants to have some casual vs games. Been playing it for around more than a month now.

Sorry for the late reply, what difficulty you on? You might have progressed since your last post, where you up to?
I'm on the medium difficulty, I've just opened the map fully, it's gonna take me months as I only get a few hours a week on it, have managed to do all the side quests and stuff in white orchard so that's a start lol

Just started Witcher 3, any tips for starting out, done a few side quests

Yup. White Orchard is there to familiarise you with loot, weapons, the potions. Now you are in the big leagues. I found I had to rinse every marker in White Orchard to continue, but you don't have to do that in the rest of the game. If you do the treasure hunts for griffin or cat witcher gear, it can scale with you. And once you get into the Bloody Barron quests, they will take long enough that you don't have to do other quests to stay at the recommended level (but some of them are really good!). What you don't need to do is loot everything and kill every monster nest to harvest XP. Buying whatever swords you see for a few HP is rarely worth it, and the loot is farely cheap outside of dungeons and quests. You will want alcohols tho. There's a big dump of them quite close to where you get dumped at the start of that area.

Think about what you are doing, and listen to the quest NPCs. Sometimes big clues to getting positive outcomes from a tricky situation are said outloud. And prepare to be dismayed, as you make the world a much worse place by trying to do the right thing. Gwent is a big time sink, totally unneccessary... but I enjoyed it.

After watching the trailers for COD WW2 I've decided the time has come to upgrade the pc

was never a fan of xbox / Playstation - mainly because to me they always seemed to need a level of dexterity that I could never achieve that and the pc to me anyways was always streets ahead in terms of graphics etc

only annoying thing is that if you want to get the latest games it means a fairly significant upgrade every 2 or 3 years - looking at around £750 or a new pc to run COD WW2 :(

After watching the trailers for COD WW2 I've decided the time has come to upgrade the pc

was never a fan of xbox / Playstation - mainly because to me they always seemed to need a level of dexterity that I could never achieve that and the pc to me anyways was always streets ahead in terms of graphics etc

only annoying thing is that if you want to get the latest games it means a fairly significant upgrade every 2 or 3 years - looking at around £750 or a new pc to run COD WW2 :(

Prices are terrible, partly due to Brexit, partly due to global market forces. RAM is twice what i paid two years ago. SSD's are about 50% dearer. A decent GPU like the 8GB RX480 was available for £180 in january, now you are looking at £300.

Just wanted to report that Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is an absolute stunner. Makes Horizon ZD look like TES: Oblivion on the PS3. Deserves to be our second sleeper hit of the year, after Nier (tell me you played Neir you swines).

1k3c288i2iez.png

hellblade-senuas-sacrifice-screenshot-001.jpg

Last edited:
After some advice. Bought a PS4 500GB (white if it matters) two or three years ago and probably used it 4 times, and its been in the box since I moved house 18 months ago. My mate has offered to buy it from me as his has broken.

Its in very good condition - whats a fair price to ask? Don't want to rip him off but I don't want to give it him on the cheap either....

I've had a look on ebay and it seems to vary quite a lot from about £80-£200+ so none the wiser really.

After some advice. Bought a PS4 500GB (white if it matters) two or three years ago and probably used it 4 times, and its been in the box since I moved house 18 months ago. My mate has offered to buy it from me as his has broken.

Its in very good condition - whats a fair price to ask? Don't want to rip him off but I don't want to give it him on the cheap either....

I've had a look on ebay and it seems to vary quite a lot from about £80-£200+ so none the wiser really.

I had a quick look earlier this week - CEX would charge £165 for an A grade, but I reckon they'd only give you a hundred or so. In perfect condition, I can see it getting £150 on ebay. Take off Ebay and Paypal fees,and you'd get £130-135. I'd take a little off for mates rate/no postage/no hassle. Up to you and him really.

Any long time Sonic fans need to pick up Sonic Mania.... it's a replica of the old school sonic games, but all the levels have been redesigned, along with some new levels as well.

It's a solid 9/10 game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.