General Videogame Thread

Yep I won’t touch a game that essentially is pay to win, basically making half a game then drip feeding dlc, I don’t mind people adding stuff later but they intentionally hold stuff back now, destiny 2 is failing because there isn’t anything to do, if they released a bigger game then it would last longer, however with the way people in society are now, everything seems short term anyway.

EA have really dropped a bollock with Battlefront 2. They've agreed to change the purchase system for the heroes, but there's a huge amount of people who wont buy the game now. The game costs £55, but the majority of characters are locked behind a paywall that can be unlocked by either 40 hours of gameplay, or through microtransactions.

It's now been changed to roughly 5 hours of gameplay to unlock a hero, but this is the final straw. The EACommunity team did a post on reddit defending the microtransactions and the grind to get there but it's become the most downvoted comment in reddit history.

EA are everything thats wrong with gaming. They suck the life out of potentially great games and continually ask players to cough up more money or be left behind.

Really hope this is a forward shift into actually making games about the players and not about lining their pockets with even more money.
I used to defend EA as they published a lot of great games over the years, but they're really started to take the piss now. Aside from all the micro-transaction bollocks, they've let great developers go down the toilet and have really bodged up quite a few series (notably Mass Effect and Dead Space; the sports games are just the same crap churned out year-on-year).

I understand the desire for developers to find some way of getting extra cash from players - the pre-owned market is great for us consumers but not so great for the games industry (and naturally developers suffer the most as publishers pass down the losses). There needs to be a way for publishers to make money out of those who buy their games second-hand, but this nonsense with Battlefront II is too much.

EA have really dropped a bollock with Battlefront 2. They've agreed to change the purchase system for the heroes, but there's a huge amount of people who wont buy the game now. The game costs £55, but the majority of characters are locked behind a paywall that can be unlocked by either 40 hours of gameplay, or through microtransactions.

It's now been changed to roughly 5 hours of gameplay to unlock a hero, but this is the final straw. The EACommunity team did a post on reddit defending the microtransactions and the grind to get there but it's become the most downvoted comment in reddit history.

EA are everything thats wrong with gaming. They suck the life out of potentially great games and continually ask players to cough up more money or be left behind.

Really hope this is a forward shift into actually making games about the players and not about lining their pockets with even more money.

Microtransactions will be banned from games in the future.
China have already banned loot boxes, and the UK is looking to do the same.

EA sucks the devils cock when it comes to in game purchases, FIFA Ultimate Team alone probably rakes in thousands, if not millions annually.

But in all truth Japan are the worse for it, because of gambling laws in Japan they instead use games to work their way around it.

EA sucks the devils cock when it comes to in game purchases, FIFA Ultimate Team alone probably rakes in thousands, if not millions annually.

But in all truth Japan are the worse for it, because of gambling laws in Japan they instead use games to work their way around it.

They seriously need to fuck it off. Gaming is expensive enough without having to spend money in game just to ensure you can actually compete. Fifa has been ruined, It's no longer about skill, simply who's spent the most and has the best team.

EA have ruined this next gen by their utter greed for people's money, and their actual games have gotten even worse.

On the subject of Battlefront, I played the trial and the gameplay was excellent but the whole microtransaction just ruins it. It's absolutely mind boggling the way gaming has gone. If Mass Effect Andromeda was created by Bethesda or CD Projekt Red it'd be one of the best RPGs ever. EA just copied the same format as Dragon Age inquisition.

Battlefront 1 pissed me off enough not to buy Battlefront 2. Bought myself a Ps4 for Christmas and that came with it. Hadn't heard or seen much about it but it's Star Wars; I was excited to sit down for some good gaming. No campaign, and multiplayer only had about 4 maps? And that passed for an AAA title? Get to fuck.

DLC shouldn't mean being able to deliver a bare bones game for £60 and giving you the rest of the content for £10 a throw, or a £30 season pass on top, or loot boxes. It can be a legitimate way to extend the life of an already great and fully featured game (See the Witcher 3 for a good example), not half now half later.

Glad to see it's biting them firmly in the arse and hopefully brings about a change, though I won't hold my breath.

No they havent. No they wont.

All they have done is make dev reveal the item drop rates on loot boxes in China.

See here (google can translate).
http://www.mcprc.gov.cn/whzx/bnsjdt/whscs/201612/t20161205_464422.html

What it basically says is :-

2.6 ...Online game publishers shall promptly publicly announce information about the name, property, content, quantity, and draw/forge probability of all virtual items and services that can be drawn/forge on the official website or a dedicated draw probability webpage of the game. The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.

2.7 Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry. The record must be kept for more than 90 days. When publishing the random draw results, some measures should be taken place to protect user privacy.

The UK government have said they dont see it as gambling and so wont get involved.

EA announced they had made $3.4 BILLION from in-game purchases last year. BILLION!!!! They arent going away unfortunately, no matter how much we protest. People will keep bloody buying them!

No they havent. No they wont.

All they have done is make dev reveal the item drop rates on loot boxes in China.

See here (google can translate).
http://www.mcprc.gov.cn/whzx/bnsjdt/whscs/201612/t20161205_464422.html

What it basically says is :-

2.6 ...Online game publishers shall promptly publicly announce information about the name, property, content, quantity, and draw/forge probability of all virtual items and services that can be drawn/forge on the official website or a dedicated draw probability webpage of the game. The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.

2.7 Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry. The record must be kept for more than 90 days. When publishing the random draw results, some measures should be taken place to protect user privacy.

The UK government have said they dont see it as gambling and so wont get involved.

EA announced they had made $3.4 BILLION from in-game purchases last year. BILLION!!!! They arent going away unfortunately, no matter how much we protest. People will keep bloody buying them!

Ah I thought they were banned....

Yeah microtransactions will most likely stay and I'm not surprised about EA making billions! It's a joke really but i imagine alot of these purchases are from YouTubers and streamers who make a fortune from gaming anyway. As long as people make money from gaming then I imagine these numbers will only increase!

Really looking forward to getting skyrim on the switch this Friday, I own it already on the PS3 and played the shit out of it, then got the Xbox one version last Christmas, but my shift at work changed to include nights in January and wasn't able to give it a good go at all, so the switch version is perfect for me as I can bring it with me everywhere I go. Little bit annoyed at the lack of mods or creation club, but whatever. Anyone else getting it for the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to getting skyrim on the switch this Friday, I own it already on the PS3 and played the shit out of it, then got the Xbox one version last Christmas, but my shift at work changed to include nights in January and wasn't able to give it a good go at all, so the switch version is perfect for me as I can bring it with me everywhere I go. Little bit annoyed at the lack of mods or creation club, but whatever. Anyone else getting it for the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm getting Skyrim on PSVR Friday can't wait absolutely love Skyrim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.