General Videogame Thread

Right someone convince me why I should buy a Switch

Two of my favourite games in years. Zelda is possibly my favourite game ever. Sank nearly 200 hours into it. Mario Odyssey is phenomenal. Mario Kart, if you've not played the wii U version, is a must too. Rocket League is fucking ace as well and its now out on it too. Never thought id play that on the Switch but i will be doing.

Older games are even more fun as well, just simply because it's the most fun console I've ever used. If you travel it's a no brainer. Everything feels incredibly fun/novel on it - i've had it since March and sitting playing Skyrim on a bus the other day still wow'd me. Even though it's an old game. It's just surreal playing these console games on the go. I travel a lot so its been a life changer, killing the near 3 hours i spend commuting everyday into nothing. Every day I pick it up and put in my bag on the way out. It turns on and you're into a game in literally seconds It's crazy how responsive it is. It never loads up either, you can put it to 'sleep' right in the middle of the game and it loads back up instantly and you can carry on exactly where you are.

It's just a phenomenal little device. If you're into pure *games* too, as in indie content, you'll in for a treat. There's a ridiculous amount of independent support for it and third party support is growing. I'll be getting DOOM and LA Noire simply cos ive never played them and always wanted to, and now is the perfect time to do it. Wolfenstein 2 will be coming as well, and there will be loads more now that developers are seeing the sales figures which are rocketing.

If you want games like GTA or the Last of Us, stick to your ps4/Xbox, but its a very different kind of console, but its just pure joyous brilliance in my eyes. It's only gonna get better too. I love mine. Honestly not left my side since I got it, and its made games that are a 7 feel like an 8.5/9 simply because of how fun it is to use. If you've ever enjoyed a Nintendo console, its an absolute no brainer. They do things differently to Sony and Microsoft, and I love that personally.

Trying my best to complete Zelda now.... got to the point of beginning to get bored now. Loved it for the first 20 hours the rest after that has been repetitive and pointless.

The shrines were good at first but now has become tedious so I left them alone, but now I'm forced to go to them so I can acquire more hearts to get links sword (which I'm hoping is unbreakable).... the armour is frustrating as you have to switch between armour depending on condition, so for example the heat proof armour is required for hot areas, but then because it's basic as fuck it has a shit defence rating unless you grind for parts to upgrade it.
Little things have just made me lose interest, but I don't want to stop playing it as I'll end up never going back to it, therefore never completing it, and I don't really want it to be added to a list of games I've played yet not completed.

I'd give Zelda a 7/10 and it's nowhere near my goty Persona 5.

Playing Mario as well and I'm by far more into that game and that deserves a 8.5/10, but not a 10/10 game.

Playing Nintendo games has made me realise how bias ratings can be, I can't fathom how both Zelda and Mario got a 10/10, but I suppose in the end it's all subjective.

Trying my best to complete Zelda now.... got to the point of beginning to get bored now. Loved it for the first 20 hours the rest after that has been repetitive and pointless.

The shrines were good at first but now has become tedious so I left them alone, but now I'm forced to go to them so I can acquire more hearts to get links sword (which I'm hoping is unbreakable).... the armour is frustrating as you have to switch between armour depending on condition, so for example the heat proof armour is required for hot areas, but then because it's basic as fuck it has a shit defence rating unless you grind for parts to upgrade it.
Little things have just made me lose interest, but I don't want to stop playing it as I'll end up never going back to it, therefore never completing it, and I don't really want it to be added to a list of games I've played yet not completed.

Playing Mario as well and I'm by far more into that game and that deserves a 8.5/10, but not a 10/10 game.

Playing Nintendo games has made me realise how bias ratings can be, I can't fathom how both Zelda and Mario got a 10/10, but I suppose in the end it's all subjective.

Guess it's just a personal thing. I loved the shrines, I actively hunted them down. I also loved the sense of scale and the absolute fuck load of characters I stumbled across. I think upgrading armour is an absolutely tiny part of if tbh and I barely spent any time doing that as it didn't feel necessary. No gsme for me has ever felt that *free* either. The music, the art design, the sense of tranquillity strolling through Hyrule before coming across a giant rock beast or whatever... I just loved it. But then again I get excited walking up a hill in real life. It appeals to me, thst sense of adventure aspect.

Not to get on the topic of Nintendo fans in the games journalism business again(It's not that I don't like Nintendo but I still think there is peer pressure making them think they have to be fans to be taken seriously with Nintendos history in the industry, who have earned some sense of prestige to be fair) but I think you should take a few points off by default if you tend to rate them lower(the reviews are just opinions at the end of the day).

Also they do make decent games a 10/10 Nintendo game isn't going to a be a bad game or a waste of money if you invest the time to get into it, it sounds like you did have fun with it initially.

Guess it's just a personal thing. I loved the shrines, I actively hunted them down. I also loved the sense of scale and the absolute fuck load of characters I stumbled across. I think upgrading armour is an absolutely tiny part of if tbh and I barely spent any time doing that as it didn't feel necessary. No gsme for me has ever felt that *free* either. The music, the art design, the sense of tranquillity strolling through Hyrule before coming across a giant rock beast or whatever... I just loved it. But then again I get excited walking up a hill in real life. It appeals to me, thst sense of adventure aspect.
Haha that was good, I pictured that(not in that way). :)

Yeah I get what you are saying about the atmosphere a game has being important, the music, the sounds effects, the characters, the setting... some games have a feel to them that doesn't get old easily if it clicks with you.

Last edited:
couple of things

how much can I get football manager for
just started playing witcher 3 , just up to the part where I killed the griffin,its the first main mission,but ive done a few side missions, and I lost most of the day yesterday :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.