General Videogame Thread

I’d advise anyone who has this or is considering in purchasing it to wait until the next patch which should be sometime next week.

As you get further in the game starts to crash on consoles, which at the minute is ruining the experience for myself as I’m certain I’m nearing the end. Don’t think I’ve ever played a game that has been plagued by so many bugs, which is a shame because it looks to be a truly immersive RPG.

Thanks for the heads up. Been comtemplating getting it for a while but heard it was buggy during development.
Seen it on steam for £40 so assumed/expected they'd removed most of the bugs & glitches.
Will probably wait for the next couple of patches/updates before i part with my cash

Sea of Thieves is out soon, been watching some youtubers playing the final code with envy, it looks a lot of fun(not to mention that water, those waves and that lighting...) but I feel a bit too old for online multiplayer these days... as Jack says in the vid below the perfect game for a group of mates to play online together.

Sea of Thieves is out soon, been watching some youtubers playing the final code with envy, it looks a lot of fun(not to mention that water, those waves and that lighting...) but I feel a bit too old for online multiplayer these days... as Jack says in the vid below the perfect game for a group of mates to play online together.

I played this in the closed beta. Even with most of the content missing at the time it was incredibly addictive. I suspect the game is even better if you do know mates who can play with you. I joined random groups and it seemed just as fun though.

Anyone on xbox can get PUBG PLUS a free copy of Assassins Creed Unity for £12.99 from CD keys.

Just go on ukhotdeals search xbox one and its the first deal you come to. Click get deal and thats it. Did it last night and it took 2 minutes to do.
79858da4a452544e040518bd7c86d1b8.jpg

If anyone's into Simulation, builder type games like Sim City, Cities Skyline etc, Surviving Mars came out yesterday and it's cool. A bit different to your usual Sim given the Sci Fi theme. Looks pretty immersive and one of those 'i'll just do this before i go to bed' type games where you're still playing at 3am.

Some good videos on it from KSP expert Scott Manly on YT.

I’d advise anyone who has this or is considering in purchasing it to wait until the next patch which should be sometime next week, or even another month if we are judging by the effect of previous patches.

As you get further in the game starts to crash on consoles, which at the minute is ruining the experience for myself as I’m certain I’m nearing the end. Don’t think I’ve ever played a game that has been plagued by so many bugs, which is a shame because it looks to be a truly immersive RPG.

I can't disagree with your assessment, and thanks for highlighting that the bugs continue throughout the game. I'm really struggling with lockpicking, and there are many Youtube videos and comments saying about how that mechanic hasn't been optimised for analog sticks yet. I do see a great game in there somewhere but it was nowhere near ready for release.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider has been announced for a September release date.

I'm looking forward to seeing more at E3, as the direction the Tomb Raider games have taken has really worked for the franchise. I would say they're more enjoyable to play now, more than they were 20 years ago and they were still brilliant back then.
Probably one of the very few old school franchises that are still doing well, and improving after each release.

This game is really good if you can’t play with a team of friends. If you join with randoms it is an absolute nightmare.

That said, after playing it for a couple of hours you feel like you’ve done a hard shift at work! Not how I want to feel after gaming haha.

I can't disagree with your assessment, and thanks for highlighting that the bugs continue throughout the game. I'm really struggling with lockpicking, and there are many Youtube videos and comments saying about how that mechanic hasn't been optimised for analog sticks yet. I do see a great game in there somewhere but it was nowhere near ready for release.

I too had major issues with lockpicking. The game actually gets easier as you progress and lockpicking is easy for me now. Patch 1.3 should address it though.

When I first started, I lost all my picks (didn't save) and found myself trying to progress without looting, which just isn't practical as that's how you make your coin and purchase the damn picks. Eventually I felt I couldn't progress in the game and restarted the entire thing from scratch, then when I reached Talmberg I saved the game and kept trying to unlock the very easy boxes. You could try that and you should be fine from there on in, though eventually you'll start crashing when you open menus, which is frustrating considering how saving the game is so difficult. Took me around 30+ reloads before I got in the very easy boxes in Talmberg and my skill level on lockpicking advanced. I really shouldn't be having to do any of that.

Now i'm going to avoid playing the game until the patch. Every time I enter the menus the game crashes. I agree the game was never ready for release, which makes no sense considering they had two years of closed betas.

Anyone on xbox can get PUBG PLUS a free copy of Assassins Creed Unity for £12.99 from CD keys.

Word of warning for anyone who plays PUBG.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2018/03/boyfriend_who_survived_samurai.html

Story about a guy, whose girlfriend attacked him with a samurai sword cos he played it too much.
My favourite quotes from the guy has got to be:-

"I wasn't a sweaty nerd, more of an Ethlete," Lovell said, describing a person who has an intensive online gaming regimen.

and

"I was able to wing chun my way to survival,"

Not sure if the moral of the story is don't play PUGB for 12 hours a day or
don't piss off a woman with dodgy dyed green hair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.