General Videogame Thread

Red Dead Redemption has now been upscaled to 4K on the Xbox one X backwards compatible scheme. Is it worth a buy? Never played it.
It looks absolutely amazing in 4K. Easily one of the best games I've ever played. Definitely in my top 5. Can't believe its nearly 8 years old. You can pick it up for £7 at CEX

Anyone played much of FIFA 18 and FUT? My lad has started playing it and I bought him a few of these gold packs, 300 fifa credits per pack and the best ones you can get. Basically got fuck all in em and extremely reluctant to spend any more for him.

He sees all these YouTube clips where every pack they open they get great players, but is this just a scam by EA to get people buying? How the hell does anyone generate enough money to buy players for massive money?

Those are the base packs and the return from them is rarely worth the price whether that be Fifa points or coins. The best chance of packing better cards are during the regular promotions. These packs are either bigger or have a greater chance of better cards. However they are more expensive.

The easiest way to build a team/make money is to play matches and complete challenges. There are daily and weekly match challenges to be completed such as 'scoring 10 headers' or playing specific game modes. These give small but useful rewards like contract/fitness cards.

In my opinion Squad Building Challenges are the best way of making money or getting better cards. The general idea is that you trade players in to meet a set criteria and in return you receive packs or rare cards that can't be bought. SBCs are great because the criteria is always changing meaning that even the less in demand cards still have use.

Ultimate Team is basically just a big marketplace and once your son gets used to it he'll start to understand how it works, how much cards go for, when is a good time to buy/sell. Don't buy for the sake of it, likewise with selling. Plan the squad he wants. Concept squads are good for this. Most importantly I'd say don't rush.

Was just looking at buying red dead redemption on disc at CEX but would that still work with 4k on Xbox? It's 7 pound in store as opposed to 25 on Xbox so wondering if I can still get the 4k quality without spending 18 extra?

Was just looking at buying red dead redemption on disc at CEX but would that still work with 4k on Xbox? It's 7 pound in store as opposed to 25 on Xbox so wondering if I can still get the 4k quality without spending 18 extra?
Yes. When you put the 360 games in you have to install the disc. The 4k patches should be downloaded while this is happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.