General Videogame Thread

Lack of quality releases over Christmas has been disappointing. The sooner the developers realise that there is a significant number of people that are fed up with or never liked online FPS the better. The lack of imagination is worrying. I hate the likes of EA and their business model.

Lack of quality releases over Christmas has been disappointing. The sooner the developers realise that there is a significant number of people that are fed up with or never liked online FPS the better. The lack of imagination is worrying. I hate the likes of EA and their business model.
I just wish they'd hire some professional writers (and enough to take on the enormity of the task, which is way bigger than writing a film). I'm so bored with every story and every character in games. Nowadays a huge open-world environment seems to have become a substitute for proper writing (not that computer games ever had proper writing beyond a few isolated highlights). So there are a thousand things to do and almost all of them are exactly the same. There are thousands of characters to meet, but every male character is some ultra-macho prick who wants to challenge your manhood, and every female character is right out of some teenage boy's wank bank, complete with the sort of cringe-inducing dialogue that even George Lucas would be embarrassed to put out. But I got myself Life Is Strange in the Steam sale, so hopefully that's a bit more interesting.

Last edited:

Last year was a disappointment, not just on the lack of games released but the lack of quality, other than Overwatch and DOOM I had to wait until November for a game I really enjoyed playing, in FFXV... there are some big games coming out this year that I'm really looking forward to, but seeing as you mentioned EA, I'm really expecting Mass Effect: Andromina to be a massive disappointment like Mass Effect 3 was.

Last year was a disappointment, not just on the lack of games released but the lack of quality, other than Overwatch and DOOM I had to wait until November for a game I really enjoyed playing, in FFXV... there are some big games coming out this year that I'm really looking forward to, but seeing as you mentioned EA, I'm really expecting Mass Effect: Andromina to be a massive disappointment like Mass Effect 3 was.

Rise of The tomb Raider and Overwatch are the only games I really enjoyed last year. I do have Shadow of Mordor GOTY that I picked up cheap and the new Xcom yet to play so hopefully will get some enjoyable hours out of these two.

I fell out with EA when they suddenly shut down the family game night servers although they always seemed to be busy. I had only purchased the game a month or so before.

Also there is virtually no single player in Battlefront which is why I haven't bought it, even though it looks and sound amazing.

Their Fifa model is an absolute rip off but they are coining it in, so why change it as far as they are concerned.

Rise of The tomb Raider and Overwatch are the only games I really enjoyed last year. I do have Shadow of Mordor GOTY that I picked up cheap and the new Xcom yet to play so hopefully will get some enjoyable hours out of these two.

I fell out with EA when they suddenly shut down the family game night servers although they always seemed to be busy. I had only purchased the game a month or so before.

Also there is virtually no single player in Battlefront which is why I haven't bought it, even though it looks and sound amazing.

Their Fifa model is an absolute rip off but they are coining it in, so why change it as far as they are concerned.

EA have constantly shat on consumers, the FIFA series is the biggest con of the gaming era, just make each one look slightly different but offer nothing new or innovative, yet people still queue up like sheep to get the new one!
I gave up after City became a 5 star team I saw all I needed to see, and this Ultimate Team bollocks is a right marketing scheme from EA, fair play they know how to take their customers for right mugs!
And what EA did to Bioware's Dragon Age was unforgivable!

Not played Rise of The Tomb Raider yet as I'm waiting for it to come down in price, I enjoyed Tomb Raider ( the game before RoTTR) so if it's anything like that then I can imagine it was good!

I've also got Shadw of Mordor to play and XCOM 2, I really enjoyed the first XCOM and wasted many hours playing it!

I bought a PS4 a few months ago. I played The Last of Us (good but overrated) and I'd already played GTA5 on Xbox. So I thought I'd buy myself a game over Xmas... And there's literally nothing that interests me. The standard seems to be pretty low at the moment.

EA have constantly shat on consumers, the FIFA series is the biggest con of the gaming era, just make each one look slightly different but offer nothing new or innovative, yet people still queue up like sheep to get the new one!
I gave up after City became a 5 star team I saw all I needed to see, and this Ultimate Team bollocks is a right marketing scheme from EA, fair play they know how to take their customers for right mugs!
And what EA did to Bioware's Dragon Age was unforgivable!

Not played Rise of The Tomb Raider yet as I'm waiting for it to come down in price, I enjoyed Tomb Raider ( the game before RoTTR) so if it's anything like that then I can imagine it was good!

I've also got Shadw of Mordor to play and XCOM 2, I really enjoyed the first XCOM and wasted many hours playing it!

I think you will like Rise of the Tomb Raider. Cinematic but with some depth and the side quest tombs are brilliant, just wish there were more of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.