General Videogame Thread

I bought a PS4 a few months ago. I played The Last of Us (good but overrated) and I'd already played GTA5 on Xbox. So I thought I'd buy myself a game over Xmas... And there's literally nothing that interests me. The standard seems to be pretty low at the moment.
I got a gaming PC instead. There seems to be more in the way of independent smaller-scale games that haven't been ruined by marketing departments. I read this article the other day, which is a good insight into why so many games are shit nowadays and even the good ones aren't what they should have been. Did you know Assassin's Creed started out as a title invented by the marketing team?

Set myself a £1000 budget for a gaming pc. No idea about building it myself, but could anyone recommend a good machine capable of running new games on good settings?
Mate get yourself on ebay bought mine from
online-tek 100. Brand new, my spec was
Z170 i7 6700K 16GB, 980 GTX Ti 6GB graphics card 240GB SSD Windows 10 for £1200. Handles anything you can chuck at it.
Bought mine a year ago so prices and specs might vary now

Last edited:
Set myself a £1000 budget for a gaming pc. No idea about building it myself, but could anyone recommend a good machine capable of running new games on good settings?

Over the years i had 3 gaming/work machines built by 'Mesh' computers and couldn't fault any of them for value/performance and customer service when things break down etc.

So when i wanted a new gaming pc/upgrade 2 years back they were the obvious choice to go back to. But i found out they'd changed hands a few times and while the specs/value were still good the customer service had gone down the swanny.

So i did a fair bit of research and asked around, and was pointed in the direction of Chillblast. So i had a look at them, choose one of their 'standard' base units, added a few extras i wanted/needed and upgraded a few items (i.e. bigger SSD drive) and got them to build/supply.

There was a couple of other company's i looked at who could supply a slightly higher specc'd machine for a similiar price but i decided to stick with who i'd been recommended

And to be honest, ive really been happy with what i got from them. Build quality, spec & value were good and the one time i had to call their customer service (my own fault, i was messing about with the overclocking and made a pig's ear of it) i left a message and got a call back from one of their techie guys a few hours later who sorted the problem in about 15mins.

I have the machine on literally 15 hours a day, 6-7 days a week and its never let me down or give me problems.

Definately recommend you have a look at them.
http://www.chillblast.com/desktop-pcs/choose-by-task/gaming-pcs
Any of the machines on the above page within your £1000 budget would be fine imv.

but arrived promptly and properly packaged.
What sort of delivery/turnaround do they have for a 'non-standard/specc'd' machine?

If i had one criticism of Chillblast it would be that their build/testing & delivery seemed like 3-5 days longer than a lot of the other companies

I've never paid for a top of a line Gaming PC but is there a reason you guys aren't building your own rigs? Mid Range to Budget always works out cheaper if you do it that way in my experience, you can bargain hunt for the fancy cases too these days. I suppose it depends if you think it's worth the extra effort and it takes a little more know how and patience selecting the right components(at the right time too if you're saving every penny with bargain hunting) and putting it all together nicely.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.