General Videogame Thread

You really can't take that bloke seriously when he's clearly trying so mega hard to be contrarian for those sweet, sweet views.

You really can't take that bloke seriously when he's clearly trying so mega hard to be contrarian for those sweet, sweet views.

I doubt it very much bothers him, he could have given it a glowing review prompting even more views..... His initial review is pretty much taking the piss out of the fans of Zelda who don't read negativity but just look at scores, the second video (after the DDOS attacks) is a fair critical video of the game.

Love how it proves that bad criticism of a zelda game leads to a wave of overracting darlings.... attacked his website and tried to attack his social media, pretty much his lively hood, its how he earns his money, all because he gave the game a 7/10.

Reason why a large majority of high end game reviewers are afraid to criticise Zelda!

His original review

Oh dear.

"The Videogame Show What I Done" is a parody show put out by Jim Sterling to take the piss out of terrible Youtube reviewers. The points he makes in it are supposed to be juvenile and dismissive, that's the joke.

Oh dear.

"The Videogame Show What I Done" is a parody show put out by Jim Sterling to take the piss out of terrible Youtube reviewers. The points he makes in it are supposed to be juvenile and dismissive, that's the joke.

He states in his second video that he enjoyed the game and that 7 is a good rating! Indicating that the genuine piss take things are probably what they are......piss takes. But any review he makes are that of authenticity, the rating 7/10 or the problems he points out in Zelda are not satire, they are genuine his own thoughts.

I would say go check his review on his website but like I mentioned previously, you can't because it's been attacked by butt hurt Nintendo fans, because Jim Sterling didn't bow down and worship the game...... this is what happens when anyone with any sort of credibility criticizes any Zelda game.

Also he is right, weapon durability in games is fucking dreadful and not fun at all.

He's 100% spot on about the durability. My biggest criticism of the game. There I am with a weapon I really enjoy using and then 5 seconds later it breaks. No other game has done durability as bad as Zelda has.

Just on game reviewers, one on youtube called BigFryTV is a good one, very honest and knows his stuff, worth a look if you're thinking of buying a game.

Just on game reviewers, one on youtube called BigFryTV is a good one, very honest and knows his stuff, worth a look if you're thinking of buying a game.

It’s great being able to watch walk throughs on youtube, something we never had when we are kids. It was a case of gambling on whether a game was good and selling it a week later if it wasn’t great for a fraction of what it cost. Apart from that you could always hire them from Blockbuster.

Now if I’m unsure about whether to buy a game I always have a look at a few walkthroughs, they are great as long as you aren’t too bothered by spoilers. You don’t need to watch many to get a gist of a game.

Tertra Ninja provides good walkthrough’s and reviews.

Game Riot is quite entertaining, he seems to be up to date with what’s going on in the gaming world and provides entertaining/funny game coverage.

RadBrad is ok

For reviews and discussions in the gaming world Gameranx is also worth signing up to providing weekly news coverage of what’s going on in the gaming world. They also provide “Before you Buy” videos right before game release to give a good insight in to games.

He states in his second video that he enjoyed the game and that 7 is a good rating! Indicating that the genuine piss take things are probably what they are......piss takes. But any review he makes are that of authenticity, the rating 7/10 or the problems he points out in Zelda are not satire, they are genuine his own thoughts.

I would say go check his review on his website but like I mentioned previously, you can't because it's been attacked by butt hurt Nintendo fans, because Jim Sterling didn't bow down and worship the game...... this is what happens when anyone with any sort of credibility criticizes any Zelda game.

Also he is right, weapon durability in games is fucking dreadful and not fun at all.

I've seen them both, I've been reading Sterling since his Destructoid days and support him on Patreon when he decided to strike out on his own. Along with Schilling he's one of my go-to reviewers.

You don't also seem to know that Sterling gets DDoS'ed constantly. His views about inclusivity in video games seem to be the attack point though he was also vocal on GamerGate and other issues, he's commonly termed as a SJW. He was "attacked" after the No Man's Sky review, after his CoD reviews, after his MGS reviews. He's also constantly attacked by game publishers and game developers for different reasons.

Essentially people don't like him and he's a lightning rod. The idea that "this is what happens when you don't review Zelda well" is absolutely ludicrous. This is what happens when Jim posts a controversial review regardless of what game he's playing.

It's funny really isn't it? You're doing the climate change denial thing. There's 500 reviews that get it at 10/10 and one of if not THE best game ever made, and there's one bloke who says "yeah it's pretty good" and gives it 7/10 and your response is LOOK THIS ONE GUY IS TELLING THE TRUTH IT'S A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY THE REST ARE SCARED. About video game scores.

Jim has his own taste in games. His adores the Dynasty Warriors series which I happen to believe is badly designed trash. He likes most first person shooters whereas I think many of them are terrible. He's fully entitled to his views on a game but it doesn't overrank the masses of other critics who are also just as entitled to their review and scored it so highly.

To be honest I find your conspiratorial idea of game reviewers bowing to pressure about a score to be a bit bizarre all around.

I've seen them both, I've been reading Sterling since his Destructoid days and support him on Patreon when he decided to strike out on his own. Along with Schilling he's one of my go-to reviewers.

You don't also seem to know that Sterling gets DDoS'ed constantly. His views about inclusivity in video games seem to be the attack point though he was also vocal on GamerGate and other issues, he's commonly termed as a SJW. He was "attacked" after the No Man's Sky review, after his CoD reviews, after his MGS reviews. He's also constantly attacked by game publishers and game developers for different reasons.

Essentially people don't like him and he's a lightning rod. The idea that "this is what happens when you don't review Zelda well" is absolutely ludicrous. This is what happens when Jim posts a controversial review regardless of what game he's playing.

It's funny really isn't it? You're doing the climate change denial thing. There's 500 reviews that get it at 10/10 and one of if not THE best game ever made, and there's one bloke who says "yeah it's pretty good" and gives it 7/10 and your response is LOOK THIS ONE GUY IS TELLING THE TRUTH IT'S A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY THE REST ARE SCARED. About video game scores.

Jim has his own taste in games. His adores the Dynasty Warriors series which I happen to believe is badly designed trash. He likes most first person shooters whereas I think many of them are terrible. He's fully entitled to his views on a game but it doesn't overrank the masses of other critics who are also just as entitled to their review and scored it so highly.

To be honest I find your conspiratorial idea of game reviewers bowing to pressure about a score to be a bit bizarre all around.
giphy.gif

Reason why a large majority of high end game reviewers are afraid to criticise Zelda!

His original review

Good on him, never seen him before but I like that he doesn't give a shit about Nintendo keyboard warriors, he's right the reactions they have are utterly cringeworthy, some of them... maybe even alot of them are adults too it's shocking really. He even plugged a colleagues website and said check out her review where she gave it 10/10... going on to say they often discuss the game, agree and disagree without hurling their shit at the wall and still get on at the end of it... pretty much sums it all up.

It's not so much that there is a "conspiracy" but look at the reaction(a lot of people called it beforehand, people notice these things whether some like it or not they will get called on it sooner or later), they say it themselves the majority have rated it highly so why is it that they have such a reaction over the odd guy giving his own opinion on it that it was a good game but he had some gripes so it's a 7? Why can't he have that opinion(the whole best game ever "title" based on metacritic perhaps? If bullying reviewers into changing their opinion even worked it would then become a lie even in there own strange minds), why do some clamber to say "he's just doing it for the views/attention/to be controversial he can't really think that"? Why can't people say oh I tend to agree with some of his gripes in games I've played before so I think he's worth listening to... just as some will say oh I like this Edge reviewer because he tends to rate the same games I enjoy as high as I do so I tend to listen to him more? How are they any better? So much hypocrisy if only people weren't so blind to it they'd probably not act so high and mighty.

Also to mock the idea that most videogame reviewers(I'm sure some are ok but a Nintendo fan will probably dismiss them) are a bit hipsterish and geeky, knowing that being critical of a good Nintendo game will cost you those much sort after kudos points among your peers as a "conspiracy theory" rather than an observation of their actual behaviour(same as the observation on the usual overreactions Nintendo fans have over someone else's opinion). They are totally like that have you watched E3 at all? Sycophants are just a pet peeve of mine and they seem very much like that(rarely pay attention to most of the British ones anymore, Eurogamer in particular are a good example of it)... If I wanted to go with a conspiracy theory I'd go the whole hog and say they have a Hipster Church Cult and get together in a secure location once a year before E3 and chant their Mantra together: "Must bash FPS games/Games with guns/Sony/Microsoft... Must fawn over all that is Cutesy/Quirky/Nintendo/Japanese... Must foam at mouth to non believers rah rah rah!"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.