Vieira new job

bluevengence

Football Development Executive ...<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/July/New-role-for-Patrick-Vieira-at-Manchester-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ester-City</a>

Vieira

Manchester City is delighted to announce that Patrick Vieira has accepted the newly created position of Football Development Executive with the club.
The World Cup winner will have a wide ranging role, helping to deliver the club's social responsibility programme, both in the UK and abroad, as well as working closely with City's commercial partners.
He will also take an active role in the development of youngsters at the Platt Lane complex, providing mentoring support as part of the Academy's Multiskills Programme, which seeks to provide a well-rounded lifestyle education for the club's junior players.
35-year old Patrick, who has retired from professional football to concentrate on this new role, joined Manchester City in January 2010, becoming Manager Roberto Mancini's first signing.
In a remarkable playing career spanning 18 years he won numerous domestic championships in both England and Italy, as well as the World Cup with France in 1998 and the European Championship two years later. The last of his five FA Cup successes came in May as City overcame Stoke at Wembley, ending the club's 34 year wait for silverware.
Patrick will report to the club's Chief Football Operations Officer, Brian Marwood, who said:
"Patrick is the ultimate professional and it is our very great privilege to introduce him as our new Football Development Executive. His experience in the world of football is virtually unparalleled and he will be a huge asset to our club as old and young alike benefit from his knowledge.

“His contribution to world football during his time as a player was extraordinary and he will be remembered as one of the greatest players to grace the Premier League. Whilst it is sad to see Patrick’s playing career come to an end, we are delighted that he has chosen to extend his time with Manchester City in this new capacity.

Wherever he goes he commands the respect of his audience and we believe he will make an invaluable contribution to our club as we build on our recent successes.

Patrick said:

“This role is a fantastic new challenge for me and I am very grateful to Manchester City for offering me this opportunity. I have a lot to learn about the non-playing areas of the business but there are many very experienced people here for me to learn from and I am confident that I can make a significant contribution to the club’s ongoing success.

“I am particularly pleased to be given the opportunity to work with the club’s community scheme.

Manchester City has a great reputation for its commitment to its community and charity partners and I believe I can help to take that message to an even greater audience.

“Everyone at Manchester City – the fans, the staff and the players – have made me and my family feel very welcome here over the past two years and I am very happy to have been given the chance to stay and develop my career away from the pitch.”

Get in, I remember at Hull away when we were losing being pissed off that he was coming on however he's left me with egg on my face and has been great for the club. This is fantastic news.

He is vital to the future of our great club. Complete legend of the job and bound to help young players develop. GET IN!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.