Vieira new job

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7036368,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 68,00.html</a>

I am really beginning to hate Sky. Before now I harboured a partially manicured dislike. Now it is a weedy, unpruned disgust. The only mention of his City playing days are referred to as a bit role and his honours, including his FA Cup successes, are listed as having been solely achieved with Arsenal and the French Squad. There is no mention of winning the FA Cup just months ago. Even the subtitle refers to him as a "Former Gunner" as if he just retired from Arsenal and took up this role. I usually do not let these sorts of things bother me but this seems an obvious attempt to diminish his standing and connection with our club despite the new appointment.

Anyway, with that said, great news and great position that plays to his strengths and experience.

Wow, imagine being a kid in the younger ages of the academy and growing up to having Patrick Vieira being there willing to give you advice and help you improve.
A legend of the game has obviously seen something at City which has wanted him to stay and take up the coaching and development role and for CiTC, just shows how much we're still growing, considering Arsenal were supposed to be wanting to sign him as a coach and he hasn't taken their opportunity at a club he spent most of his glory years!

The future is bright with the awesome signing City have made for the regning CiTC player of the year and an all round ledgend and nice guy!

SebastianBlue said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7036368,00.html

I am really beginning to hate Sky. Before now I harboured a partially manicured dislike. Now it is a weedy, unpruned disgust. The only mention of his City playing days are referred to as a bit role and his honours, including his FA Cup successes, are listed as having been solely achieved with Arsenal and the French Squad. There is no mention of winning the FA Cup just months ago. Even the subtitle refers to him as a "Former Gunner" as if he just retired from Arsenal and took up this role. I usually do not let these sorts of things bother me but this seems an obvious attempt to diminish his standing and connection with our club despite the new appointment.

Anyway, with that said, great news and great position that plays to his strengths and experience.
He chose us over them according to reports. They had him in and tried to convince him to sign up, but he chose us.

Just let the press do as they will and think about how nice this appointment is for us.

@henrywinter
Henry Winter
Just a thought on Vieira...how about an #afc v #mcfc friendly to salute a great PL warrior & raise funds for his Foundation?
41 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Favorite Retweet Reply

taconinja said:
SebastianBlue said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7036368,00.html

He chose us over them according to reports. They had him in and tried to convince him to sign up, but he chose us.

Just let the press do as they will and think about how nice this appointment is for us.

Notice there is no mention that Arsenal was even attempting to steal him away.

Anyway, I have calmed down a bit. I haven't had my lunch yet, which has put me in a bad mood, with little patience for moronic, ill-conceived pseudo-journalism (I have been really stretching my English vocabulary but I think all of that makes sense).

Best signing we will make this summer, it cannot be exagerated how big an influence he has had turning our team in to winners.

Best signing Mancini has made as City maneger was to get Big Pat to come to City.

I see him as a potential future City maneger.

Top top man. Gutted he's stopped playing though, would have liked to have seen him play for one more year but alas... I hope he's being groomed as the future manager of our wonderful club. Great man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.