Vietnam

Watch the series about the Vietnam war it’s fascinating

I lived through the Vietnam War news, and it became so monotonous listening and hearing the same old shite day after day. i bet there were millions of Yanquis who were thoroughly pissed off, and that doesn't include those who ended up as part of active US forces. But that Ken Burns series was utterly fascinating and gave so many insights that at the time just weren't delivered.

My brother spent a few months touring SE Asia when he spent some time in Kuala Lumpur with uni, and he said how excellent Vietnam was.

Went last year HCMC three days Mui ne on the coast.Then 6 days in Hanoi a trip to Halong bay really enjoyed Vietnam want to go back again

It's a beautiful beautiful country.

Spent my (first) honeymoon touring there. Ho Chi Minh for a few days where I met a company we were doing some work with. Utter bedlam just crossing the street - you tube it! The a couple of hops in tiny planes up the coast. Few days of abject luxury in a beachfront suite in Nha Trang, few days in Hoi An, few days in Hue, then back to HCM and a few days on a mekong delta riverboat cruise and cu chi tunels with a bizarre mix of hippy dippy travellers and USA company execs - simply stunning places. Even the ex was bearable, (despite her whinging about the heat, the humidity, the rats etc etc...)

Second honeymoon Thailand and again just amazing, although we stayed in one place.

Where shall I go for the next one? Cambodia? Laos? Rhyl?

We did a cruise a few years ago from Singapore to Hong Kong, taking in Vietnam & Cambodia.
Vietnam is amazing. Beautiful country, friendly people. Loads to see and do. Pre book your own trips online before you go, as it’s much cheaper than doing the ships excursions.
I wouldn’t bother getting off in Cambodia, it’s a shithole!
Weather is hot and humid, but colder the more north you go.
Watch out for the mopeds when crossing the road!

It’s on my to do list and will be my retirement treat to myself a think as my wife doesn’t fancy it and won’t fly that far. I have a mate who likes his travel though so hopefully I’ll convince him that it’s a good idea! If not I’ll go as part of a group. The Vietnam was series was the best thing I have watched on TV for years. Horrific.

Am flying in the morning many thanks everyone
Did the whole of the country, from South to North a fair few years back, absolutely loved it, the people are great, and many nice places to go, Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) is mad but good, went up the coast by bus, taxi and train, visited Nha Trang (fantastic relaxing place), Qui Nhon, which is more sedate, Hoi An, Da Nang, Hue, all lovely places, the French colonial architecture very prevalent, onto Vinh, a typical Vietnamese town, then Hanoi.

Went in November and by the time we got to Hanoi it was cold, 12 degrees! I didn't have a coat as I thought my S.E. Asia trip would be all sunshine haha! Worst thing was, we visited the Ho Chi Minh mausoleum whilst in Hanoi, and his body was away for cleaning!

Loved the food, the scenery, the whole vibe, and want to go back again, as it was back in 2002/3 I was there.

Have a great trip @cyberblue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.