Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

This is the 2013-only table... gulp.

BVacuiECcAEYZoN.jpg:large

villain1992 said:
Villa fan in peace!

Firstly, i'll explain, as a football fan, I like to look at our opponents forums, to see what they have to say about Villa etc.

Having watched the game, I think it is obvious for everyone to say, you were by far the superior team and we were lucky to come away with anything, let alone 3 points.

A few things i'd have to say about you...

1) Having played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Yourselves in the league, and Spurs in the cup. Despite the result I personally think you are by far and away the best team in the league. If you play like you did on Saturday every week you'll win 9 out of 10 games.

2) I don't know if it is something MP has brought in, but there seemed to be a real lack of movement from your corners! (granted you scored from two of them) It just seemed there wasn't a real desire to do everything they could to get on the end of the cross.

3) Finally, having read this thread a lot pre match, it occurs to me how good your fans are.... Having read Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool forums thoroughly before we played them, the general impression was 'We should beat that lot', 'Relegation candidates last year, should thrash them' and things along those lines. And whilst there was some of this on here, the majority was optimism, with a small side of cautiousness. It is refreshing to see a team, as good as yours, with such down to earth fans.

Good luck on Wednesday, and enjoy all the success you will have this year if you continue to play as well as you did Saturday!

Welcome fella and thanks for your comments..many of our fans are down to earth,weve been through and suffered many hard times as city fans so we do actually appreciate where we have got to since the takeover..

The term 'Typical City' is used by many and for good reason..saturday was indeed typical City.. but we have to say well done to Villa..you took your chances and did the job on us, did we deserve to lose ??..no.. Did you deserve to win...yes, you put your chances away when it mattered..and as fans..you cant ask more than that..

Do them red coonts when they come down fella.. :)

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
And I'm baffled that some supporters can't spot a football team with their collective cigars out, thinking they're too good for the opposition before they've actually put the game to bed. Fortunately, it seems the manager can.

Ah yes, if only we had your unerring eye for what's wrong ... ;)

You're not wrong. Cavani would have had a field day against that Villa defence.... ;)

omcfc said:
Just some observations after Villa.

10 point from 6 games. Extrapolate it out to about 63 points for the season at this rate. Not even close to a winning tally.

We need to outright win the next 6 games to take us to where we need to be after 12 games (28 points). I can't see us doing it though on current away form.

Exactly, this attitude of it all coming right on the night is *ollocks, we have had a poor start and dropped way to many points already.

LoveCity said:
Some revealing info from the DM. Sounds like Pellegrini finally lost his temper at the players and who can blame him?

-

One-by-one they trooped down the tunnel, anger barely concealed, as requests for post-match comments were brushed aside.

Apart from Vincent Kompany, who gave an interview to the club’s in-house media, no-one stopped to give a post-match reaction.

As one observer in the tunnel said: ‘They’ve just been given a rollicking in there. A big one too.’

It has taken six games and three indifferent performances away from the Etihad Stadium before the Chilean has blown. And, make no mistake, he had every right.

The statistics give a flavour of the visitors’ overwhelming superiority. Sixty-seven per cent of the possession. Twenty-seven shots. Thirteen corners. And still they lost.

Pellegrini’s angst was evident during the game. With Villa struggling to find a way back into the match, 2-1 down in the second-half, Edin Dzeko was dumped on his backside near the manager’s dug-out.

The Bosnia international was taking his time rising from the turf. His manager was gesturing frantically for him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get back in the game.

Pellegrini had perhaps sensed the over-confidence. He is too experienced to know that Villa could not be just brushed aside in front of their own supporters without the security of a two-goal cushion.

It never came. And, as often happens in football, it took a strike with more than a hint of offside about it, a wonderful David Beckham-esque free-kick and an instant of defensive sloppiness to leave Manchester City’s boss fuming.

Well, Saviola once said that Pellegrini was a very calm guy even under very difficult circumstances and compared him to his ex Barca couch Rikjaard, but he also said that when MP got angry he got really angry ( compared him to Van Gaal) and Saviola even admitted that he got scared... haha

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eldesmarquemalaga.com/malaga-noticias/30695-saviola-qpellegrini-me-recuerda-a-rijkaardq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eldesmarquemalaga.com/malaga ... -rijkaardq</a>

villain1992 said:
Villa fan in peace!

Firstly, i'll explain, as a football fan, I like to look at our opponents forums, to see what they have to say about Villa etc.

Having watched the game, I think it is obvious for everyone to say, you were by far the superior team and we were lucky to come away with anything, let alone 3 points.

A few things i'd have to say about you...

1) Having played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Yourselves in the league, and Spurs in the cup. Despite the result I personally think you are by far and away the best team in the league. If you play like you did on Saturday every week you'll win 9 out of 10 games.

2) I don't know if it is something MP has brought in, but there seemed to be a real lack of movement from your corners! (granted you scored from two of them) It just seemed there wasn't a real desire to do everything they could to get on the end of the cross.

3) Finally, having read this thread a lot pre match, it occurs to me how good your fans are.... Having read Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool forums thoroughly before we played them, the general impression was 'We should beat that lot', 'Relegation candidates last year, should thrash them' and things along those lines. And whilst there was some of this on here, the majority was optimism, with a small side of cautiousness. It is refreshing to see a team, as good as yours, with such down to earth fans.

Good luck on Wednesday, and enjoy all the success you will have this year if you continue to play as well as you did Saturday!
Thanks Villain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.