Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of nonsense IMO and Kompany will start on Sunday.

If Kompany can stay fit, and that is a big if, we'd be crazy to sell him.

I get the feeling that your feelings are totally wrong....and I really hope you have no hard feelings about my feeling.
I hope I'm wrong ,but when was the last time you saw Vinny the voice/captain of the team doing any sort of media duties for city ?
Vinny has strong views and it feels like he been pushed out by pep
As an example wouldn't you have used the club captain to launch the away kit in China ?

I hope I'm wrong ,but when was the last time you saw Vinny the voice/captain of the team doing any sort of media duties for city ?
Vinny has strong views and it feels like he been pushed out by pep
As an example wouldn't you have used the club captain to launch the away kit in China ?

My main hope for Vinnny concerns his on field activities. I am just hoping that this time his return to the team means a return to permanent fitness for him. It would be great to see him playing regularly again in the coming months.

Perhaps rather than being smug/arrogant some are merely insecure, particularly considering I've said zero on any platform about how much better Barcelona is than City...but carry on

If you are insecure, that's your problem, not mine.

Well, Vincent can't be categorized with those intelligent people then with his 'it's tougher to face Stoke' comment not long ago

Tougher can mean anything. It's physically tougher to face Stoke than Barcelona. Or it was when Vinny said it.

Kompany is a rock in defense - our best defender by far. And able to play it from the back. And a great leader and loyal to our side.

But, injury, after injury, after injury... Unfortunately, I think that Kompany is more than likely done as a player - I hope I'm wrong.

If not, perhaps Kompany can move into a managerial position - he seems to be a leader and as a great player, can command respect.

Pep confirms that both Aguero and Kompany are part of his long-term plans at City during his 32 minute long press conference.
Pep also said that Kompany went to see a doctor in Barcelona before the game and Kompany told Pep he wasn't fit to play a part in the game.
Pep on Kompany: "What I saw when he is fit, he's a real central defender. I like him."

Its harsh, but true. Id rather he stay on at city doing something else though, dont want him to leave and play for another club

I was being serious too. The only thing slightly wrong with my post is how I wrote. He deserves respect after the years he's given us. We're wasting a space in our squad, hoping for him to get fit. He's been permanently injured for a year, on and off. Breaks down the first game he's back, it will more than likely happen again, give or take a few games. He's a brilliant defender when fit, he's proved that when he comes back from injuries, it looks like he hasn't been away. I don't think he's the kind of man to give up, it seems like that anyway. In that case, it's down to city to make a decision. I'd let him go personally, get on with building a new team, not relying on players getting fit. This post won't be popular, but I'm just being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.