Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at fault for the goal by moving out of position, and his use of the ball was woeful.

Are you fucking serious ?

Obviously rusty after such along absence but use of the ball " woeful " - I doubt that even Pep would agree with that assessment.

Look, I do think he looked rusty and was often confused on where to position himself, but that pass was all on Stones. Even though Kompany stepped forward as Stones made the pass, it is still all on Stones. Had Kompany vnot stepped forward, that still would have been a bad pass coz Kompany would have immediately been put under a more serious pressure than Stones was under himself.

Funny enough, I think John was showing deference there had it been anyone e I reckon he'll have pointed exactly where the player needed to move too.

Kompany should have stepped backwards and towards Stones opening up for a pass. Instead you could tell he sensed danger and was stepping up to avoid being passed to. That is still Stones fukup though.

If your teammate is hiding from the ball you have to find other options. Not force it.

Save your fingers pal, some things written on here are so far off in cloud cuckoo land, it's not worth responding.

Just a stupid individual error, hopefully the kind that will cease relatively soon.

Was at fault for the goal by moving out of position, and his use of the ball was woeful.

Haha lost the ball about twice after so long out and his use of the ball was very good. One person at fault completely for the goal and anyone with eyes could see who that was. Some of the shite posted is hilarious.

Kompany should have stepped backwards and towards Stones opening up for a pass. Instead you could tell he sensed danger and was stepping up to avoid being passed to. That is still Stones fukup though.

If your teammate is hiding from the ball you have to find other options. Not force it.
Did you think the pass was intended for Kompany then ? From where I sit, directly behind it, I thought it was to Bravo, and just under hit, simply a hopelessly executed pass.

Did you think the pass was intended for Kompany then ? From where I sit, directly behind it, I thought it was to Bravo, and just under hit, simply a hopelessly executed pass.
Hmmm! Never considered that, I'll watch it again. It seemed so far away from Bravo that my mind just automatically assumed it was meant for Komps. It could very well have been a grossly under hit pass to Bravo. Let me check.

Just rewatched it from multiple angles, I'm hard pressed to see how it was meant for Bravo. The ball traveled across the very spot Kompany exited. But when you look at Stones body language, it looks like he actually saw the Kompany stepping up and just didn't wrap his foot fully around it to direct it properly..

I truly can't tell. I'd have to ask John :)

Don't know who the pass was meant for, but it was a shocker.
Still he will learn hopefully. We will make mistakes at this stage as the opposition learns to press us. Hopefully we will learn to avoid them.
As for Vinny, I thought he was generally good a few misplaced passes but no dangerous ones that I recall and a few really good ones.
Defensively solid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.