Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent Kompany could return for Manchester City's visit Everton - the club are assessing his fitness. [@Journo_Slash / The Guardian]

Can't see him starting in the next 2 when we have just discovered a decent balance and they are hard games,swansea maybe

Vincent Kompany could return for Manchester City's visit Everton - the club are assessing his fitness. [@Journo_Slash / The Guardian]

Can't see him starting in the next 2 when we have just discovered a decent balance and they are hard games,swansea maybe

343 vs. Everton was probably the best we've played this season despite not scoring. He might want to go back to it, and I could see it then.

His latest injuries have been down to bad luck. I would love to see him stay fit, the best CB in the league.

Kompany is determined to get back and could play at top level for at least another 2 seasons if he finally gets some luck with injuries. It seems Pep decided against going for Badstuber because he thinks he can rely on Vincent.

He has been training and he'll hopefully get some game time soon.

Finding a settled and solid back 4 is the key to us achieving anything this season. On that basis I would prefer to leave him out for Everton, get a good few weeks on the training ground, then on the bench and play him for half an hour against Swansea. Ultimately we should be assuming Otto and Stones will be the pair that will play the most until the end of the season and we should keep that partnership and the full backs as settled as possible. If vinny comes through a few sub games well then maybe reconsider.

Finding a settled and solid back 4 is the key to us achieving anything this season. On that basis I would prefer to leave him out for Everton, get a good few weeks on the training ground, then on the bench and play him for half an hour against Swansea. Ultimately we should be assuming Otto and Stones will be the pair that will play the most until the end of the season and we should keep that partnership and the full backs as settled as possible. If vinny comes through a few sub games well then maybe reconsider.

Pep's made it clear he doesn't believe in have the same back 4 every week, and I'm 100% sure that he'll have been training for weeks if he's really being considered for the first team. Do you really think he's going to be rushed back? They've put an incredible amount of effort and resources into getting VK back, I hardly think he's just going to get chucked in as soon as he can walk with no thought to it.

I don't think there's anything to suggest coming on as a sub would be better than starting and going off early - in fact coming on as a sub it's often hard to get up to the speed of the game.

Pep's made it clear he doesn't believe in have the same back 4 every week, and I'm 100% sure that he'll have been training for weeks if he's really being considered for the first team. Do you really think he's going to be rushed back? They've put an incredible amount of effort and resources into getting VK back, I hardly think he's just going to get chucked in as soon as he can walk with no thought to it.

I don't think there's anything to suggest coming on as a sub would be better than starting and going off early - in fact coming on as a sub it's often hard to get up to the speed of the game.

On the basis that is what we did before then yes I would do it differently this time, I'd treat him like a squad player initially not as someone we desperately need to get fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.