Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the injury was. Apparently he won't be fully fit to play until after Liverpool.

Guessing we played it down so not to cause alarm.

I wonder what the injury was. Apparently he won't be fully fit to play until after Liverpool.

Guessing we played it down so not to cause alarm.

They must be bored of answering the same questions. "no, it's not a big problem. No we don't know why, yes he'll be back soon, yes he's very important to us" etc.

Hes getting injured more and more regularly behind closed doors. Be it in training or going for a piss, he is just constantly unfit to play
Even when he isnt officially injured, he is 'unfit'
It is so frustrating and whilst I know its bad for himself, sentiment can only go on for so long
When he hobbled off against madrid I thought to myself thats him done
Nearly a year down the line and circa 5/6 injuries more since, I literally dont ever fully expect him to be fit.

Pep is handling it just right,vinny will make the decision to quit in his own time,i think it will be this summer,i will be really sad for him and remember him at his best

Pep is handling it just right,vinny will make the decision to quit in his own time,i think it will be this summer,i will be really sad for him and remember him at his best

The fact is that none of us have a clue about a) the seriousness of the current injury b) how the club really feels about his ongoing issues and c) whether its finally taking a toll on his incredibly positive attitude. But, beyond playing Vinny has a bright future, be it in coaching, punditry, politics or whatever he fancies. And if he is going to continue with these issues then he might as well start that next part of his career sooner rather than later. Couldn't we keep him as a player/coach for example (if he was interested). Keep him registered in case he overcomes the injuries but allow him to do his badges at the same time and maybe work with the academy?

The fact is that none of us have a clue about a) the seriousness of the current injury b) how the club really feels about his ongoing issues and c) whether its finally taking a toll on his incredibly positive attitude. But, beyond playing Vinny has a bright future, be it in coaching, punditry, politics or whatever he fancies. And if he is going to continue with these issues then he might as well start that next part of his career sooner rather than later. Couldn't we keep him as a player/coach for example (if he was interested). Keep him registered in case he overcomes the injuries but allow him to do his badges at the same time and maybe work with the academy?
It wouldn't surprise me if he tries the pre-season then decides what to do for the best then
I'm sure he will be kept on at the club if he retires from playing,he is a very intelligent man and i'm sure he will be prepared for his next move,he might not fancy management but as you say we just don't know at the moment,i'm attached to him emotionally and am really sad for him at the moment

It wouldn't surprise me if he tries the pre-season then decides what to do for the best then
I'm sure he will be kept on at the club if he retires from playing,he is a very intelligent man and i'm sure he will be prepared for his next move,he might not fancy management but as you say we just don't know at the moment,i'm attached to him emotionally and am really sad for him at the moment

I agree with you. His name is sung at every match regardless of where he is and even though his influence over the squad has been less and less over the last couple of years, I still feel he's an important part of the club's unity and I can't see who will fill that role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.