Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injury situation could prove to be a blessing of a sort for us as he's got little reason to seek a move. I was worried that he might end up squeezed out while we brought in new CBs to replace him and it would have to end badly with him. At this point, he's more in Badstuber territory where he just has to find a way to make it back to the pitch. Obviously I'm gutted for him as he's such a great player and always says the right things about the club. I'm not eager to have him retire or write him off if he's willing to keep trying, I think his injury troubles have at least made it clear that he can't expect us to just hold a starting XI space for him.

I must admit I did expect Kompany to play a major part for this season (especially in getting us back in the race for winning the league) but it is looking more like he is finished as a key City player.

The fact is that none of us have a clue about a) the seriousness of the current injury b) how the club really feels about his ongoing issues and c) whether its finally taking a toll on his incredibly positive attitude. But, beyond playing Vinny has a bright future, be it in coaching, punditry, politics or whatever he fancies. And if he is going to continue with these issues then he might as well start that next part of his career sooner rather than later. Couldn't we keep him as a player/coach for example (if he was interested). Keep him registered in case he overcomes the injuries but allow him to do his badges at the same time and maybe work with the academy?
He will have until end of preseason at the latest to prove his fitness. He won't be allowed hold down a squad place unless he is 100% fit. Given the way things have gone the last couple of years at this point in time it is highly unlikely he will ever get back to anything approaching his best. Lets hope the club look after him.

It does seem that he will not be involved in any meaningful way for the remaining of the season.His future will then be assessed in the Summer.

Echoing the views on here sadly it looks more and more that our Captain and leader isn't going to come back.

He's always been classy and a fine example of how a footballer should conduct and behave themselves. I'd hope the club do what's needed in full consultation with him, I'm still hoping that he may make it back but....

The biggest compliment I can give to Kompany is that when he played, he didn't just add to the team with his own performances, but that everyone else who played around him played better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.