Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal feelings, not that they're worth much but I can have an opinion, are that Guardiola either finds it difficult to have big personalities in the dressing room or Vinnie has upset him by talking out of turn or Guardiola's ego won't stand VK being so popular with the fans.

It is getting far, far, far beyond a joke now that VK has, allegedly, been fit now for weeks and yet gets no further than the bench.
Or maybe he is just not considered as starter by Pep, because he thinks Otamendi/Stones/Kolarov amout to a better solution? I mean Kompany must have trained half the hours with the team as them three did, and we all know how quite obsessed he's with instilling his ideas to players on the training pitch.

Or maybe he is just not considered as starter by Pep, because he thinks Otamendi/Stones/Kolarov amout to a better solution? I mean Kompany must have trained half the hours with the team as them three did, and we all know how quite obsessed he's with instilling his ideas to players on the training pitch.
Nah,it cant be that simple pal,not when there's an opportunity to have a snide dig at the 'messiah' and his 'ego'.

He was fit for Monaco away and maybe even before that.

I think Pep should give him some games regardless of his plans for him. Really odd he's not playing, would be great next to Stones.

Say what you like about Pep or any other manager for that matter. Jobs are dependent on results,, more so at the highest level. Managers are not stupid enough to let ego get in the way of results because if that happened they would soon be out of a job and unlikely to be offered any other prime position. It could be argued that Maureen defied this logic but he was a supporters choice rather than a boardroom one and if next season is of little improvement on the current one, he will be history. Pep knows the same fate could happen to him and for this reason he will be picking teams to attain results rather than getting stuck with silly mind games which make absolutely no sense at all.

Looking at the Chelsea pre match and most posters don't even pick him, wonder why you want Pep to pick him. He sees them in training everyday, maybe the other guys are still ahead of him due to his injuries?
Our best defender mind

I just can't see what there is to lose by giving him a go. He's still arguably the best defender at the club (couldn't be any worse than Otamendi was on Sunday) and if he breaks down again then what difference does it make? He's going to have to play again at some point.

On the bench against Arsenal, must still be in Guardiola's plans then. Chelsea away is a big ask after such a long time out. Perhaps Hull at home is a better game to make your return.

If he is considered fit, throw him in on Wednesday. He has absolutely mauled Costa in the past, and we could do with that physicality.

I just can't see what there is to lose by giving him a go. He's still arguably the best defender at the club (couldn't be any worse than Otamendi was on Sunday) and if he breaks down again then what difference does it make? He's going to have to play again at some point.
Just a thought. But if he is fit in May, he has a retail value greater than if he isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.