Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seemed the appropriate thread to respond in

Oh no! Zimmer is throwing combinations "Yankee boy", "pro evo/Fifa player", "diatribe poster". And lets not forget the subtle "American" (i.e he knows fiddly squat about soccer... I'm sorry, I meant football) jab.

So impressive with the Trumpian distractions of insults but as usual not so much with the substance of your response. Typical.

Your whole point relies on the nebulous "psychological effect on the team" argument. It's the same tired and convenient argument folks who dont have facts on their side trot out. I call it the "believe argument." Its true simply because you believe. Its like the folks who can see more confident defenders when Willy is in goal, vs when Bravo is.

Again our defense had played this well multiple times before in the absence of Kompany, and often the common factor was the offensive talents of the opposition or lack thereof rather than who we had playing on our side.

As for your "he made Clichy have his best game" argument, again this cannot be proven. Seeing as he, Clichy, has had great games in the absence of Kompany (I.e at Sunderlands and at Stoke.) Unfortunately for you both games did not have al the Kompany "psychological booster" aiding Clichy. The point here is that Clichy played as well multiple times this year, so attributing this performance to someone else is weak at best.

But you know what, your jibes were at least decent today. So there is always that. So kudos for being "out of your box" on that one. (:)

Is vinny still retiring on what your masterful ears have pricked??

Yep, Yankee boy, am I wrong???

The thing you can't fathom as you have no direct knowledge of the game, is the ability and influence a certain player has on the game... hence you reinforced a certain posters nonsensical observation that kompany was 'clumsy' in the first half, that shows your football IQ in a nutshell and thus reinforces what the majority know on here regarding you..... knowledgable from the proverbial textbook...

You just fail to realise that what you've crammed from the, I'm sure, hours and hours of swatting, is that the majority on here have lived and breathed it, you can't find that in any textbook/computer game.

Again my soccernista, you can only know so much but keep up the good work, we all look forward to the next instalment of 'I told you so' followed by the 'if pep had listened to me'...... in true Manc form, our kid, fuck off you knobhead!!!

The thing you can't fathom as you have no direct knowledge of the game, is the ability and influence a certain player has on the game... hence you reinforced a certain posters nonsensical observation that kompany was 'clumsy' in the first half, that shows your football IQ in a nutshell and thus reinforces what the majority know on here regarding you..... knowledgable from the proverbial textbook...

You just fail to realise that what you've crammed from the, I'm sure, hours and hours of swatting, is that the majority on here have lived and breathed it, you can't find that in any textbook/computer game.

Again my soccernista, you can only know so much but keep up the good work, we all look forward to the next instalment of 'I told you so' followed by the 'if pep had listened to me'...... in true Manc form, our kid, fuck off you knobhead!!!

Awww! It always comes down to this between us doesn't it? You don't have a point so you revert to an Ad hominem attack then conclude with a "fuck off!"

Next time I will just write your response for you and save us both some time.

Next time I will just write your response for you and save us both some time

I wouldn't bother, he seems to use the same template each time.

For what it's worth, I do completely disagree with your opinions on both Vinnie and Otamendi but it's hardly worth getting all hormonal about. Kompany is the leader in the squad and when he talks everyone listens. His communication and organisation is something our whole defence has missed and his presence instantly brings calm both on the pitch and in the stands.

Some people think Yaya has been our most impactful player since the takeover but personally I'd give that title to Kompany.

I wouldn't bother, he seems to use the same template each time.

I thought I was the only one who had noticed the automatonic nature of Zimmer's responses. Happy to see others see it too.

For what it's worth, I do completely disagree with your opinions on both Vinnie and Otamendi but it's hardly worth getting all hormonal about. Kompany is the leader in the squad and when he talks everyone listens. His communication and organisation is something our whole defence has missed and his presence instantly brings calm both on the pitch and in the stands.

Some people think Yaya has been our most impactful player since the takeover but personally I'd give that title to Kompany.
To be clear, I was simply speaking about the game against Soton. Not about Kompany's influence in general or historically. I think its an overstatement to ascribe our defense playing well against Soton to Kompany. And I gave my reasons why.

1. The defense had been playing well against teams like this for the better part of 2 months

2. They've had 10 such games of which Kompany was involved in only the last obe. In 8 of the 9 other games Kompany wasn't involved in, and the defene played like it did at Soton.

But folks take my response as an insult to Kompany. It isn't. He is the best defender I have ever seen at City. Frankly might be the best I've ever seen in the Prem. But that was at his Pump. I am of the believe he is not as good as he was at his best.

But I guess you are right, we can disagree without turning it into insult tirades. :)

PS: Watch your back, Zimmer is coming for you!

To be clear, I was simply speaking about the game against Soton. Not about Kompany's influence in general or historically. I think its an overstatement to ascribe our defense playing well against Soton to Kompany. And I gave my reasons why.

1. The defense had been playing well against teams like this for the better part of 2 months

2. They've had 10 such games of which Kompany was involved in only the last obe. In 8 of the 9 other games Kompany wasn't involved in, and the defene played like it did at Soton.

But folks take my response as an insult to Kompany. It isn't. He is the best defender I have ever seen at City. Frankly might be the best I've ever seen in the Prem. But that was at his Pump. I am of the believe he is not as good as he was at his best.

That's fair enough. Given the beatings his body has taken I'd agree that he won't reach the same level as before. Still think a fit Vinnie is better than anything else we have got or could get mind you.

PS: Watch your back, Zimmer is coming for you!

Too late, he's already viciously PM'd me into a pulp.

hahaha that bit made me laugh ,I put somewhere that I thought dax was a football manager/fifa coach , he knows too fucking much about every player.

however i do enjoy his stats

Oh no, we're not having peace and quiet inherre.

I'm with you Zin, I do worry about Dax's perception of defenders. I watched Vin from start to finish in that game. The first thing I noticed was how he read the line being broken before it happened. And calmly did the right thing, run to goal (helps keep your bearings, prevents a clear route at goal), before gently arcing out to his final position. Get that position right and if you don't have cover, leave enough space for to react to the opponent, who has to make the first move. Exactly the way the better CH's in the CL games do it. So unfussy, calm. It was also instructive to see him keeping tabs on up to three opponents at corners. And he's a communicator. I noticed Ota grew in confidence and was ordering people about as well.

Most of all I love the Vinny he tightens the space between him and the ball, takes it and protects it with his whole body. It enables him to come through challnges with great momentum. It's the polar opposite of Stones, who often seems to be doing everything leaning back, defending with his toes, and leaving that distance betwen him and the ball for the opponent to nick another touch.... and creating the lack of that mix of solid position, balance, power and momentum that is mistaken for "strength" in a challenge.

The big thing for me is that Stones needs to be braver, show more confidence and assurance. He is at the stage where if something in the plan doesn't work once, he has a tendancy to abandon it totally. Of all the players, I think he struggles the most to work with Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.