Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My honest opinion right now regarding Vinny is...

Pep knows he is a big voice and probably involved in Mancini's departure. He won't be looking to get rid just yet but he will make sure Kompany is aware why (in part) others are being sold, namely Joe, yaya (froze out), Nasri (listed). The final unspoken question will be, 'do you accept me as the big boss or not, if not your fucking out mate'. That is the long and short of it. Can Kompany accept the new hierarchy? because the first dodgy leak to the press would be the last under pep.

As a player Pep would want him though as he likes to play the ball.

Does anyone know what VK has been doing re the calf?
Has he had an op on it or some other form of treatment? Was it his groin he pulled in the home tie with Madrid?
Just not heard anything regarding his rehab. Having watched how dedicated his regime was to regaining fitness last time I doubt he compromises in any way when it comes to that aspect of his life. Quite funny to hear someone question his commitment tbh.

I don't think we'll see Kompany as a first choice again.

Stones is going to be the focal point of this defence with someone tough and uncompromsing next to him.

The mascherano to the pique, or the pepe to the ramos. I think kompany is competing with stones now.
I was with you for the first part. Bit I think Kompany is competing with Ota. With Stones as the mainstay and Kolarov the backup to Ota/Kompany.

He has been in recent training videos and with boots on doing ball work, so he must be close, but I suspect the club will be ultra cautious with him and we may not see him before the international break

It depends on where he is with the rehab, but if he's close to "full" fitness wouldn't it be awfully tempting for the club to ask him to prove his fitness before the transfer window closes?

It was reported that City would only bid for Bonucci if Kompany breaks down again. Doesn't that imply that Kompany will be tested to see if he will break down?

Does anyone know what VK has been doing re the calf?
Has he had an op on it or some other form of treatment? Was it his groin he pulled in the home tie with Madrid?
Just not heard anything regarding his rehab. Having watched how dedicated his regime was to regaining fitness last time I doubt he compromises in any way when it comes to that aspect of his life. Quite funny to hear someone question his commitment tbh.
He had an operation in the Summer to compare a complete tear of a thigh muscle.

Can tell that it'd only take one of those fake agent twitter things to link him with a move away and the character assassination would begin on here.

IMO, he is no longer a shoe in. When fit, he is the best we have but, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we need stability and I think that will come from John & Ota.

Hardly a scandal
The only scandal is blues using shite like that as a stick to beat him.
Like Hart, if there's somebody more suitable then he will be picked. I still think Vinny has a place and I think Pep will want him in the team but it's up to Kompany to prove his fitness and reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.