Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I heard Pep say in pre-match conference that it was only because Belgium medical team wanted to do their own assessment
Yeah but it does seem odd they named him in the squad. They probably could've asked him to go over anyway and it would've happened.

In today's Daily Mail Vinny has announced he is to retire from international football after the next world cup. Can't come soon enough for me.

Don't disagree with your kompany international comments but we need our best team out against the best sides. Otamendi was awful against Liverpool and if Mane hadn't have been sent off he would have terrorised him all second half aswell. Otamendi and Stones (as a await) are not good enough against top opposition and we will probably see this against Chelsea today (hopefully not though!).

Brilliant

Don't disagree with your kompany international comments but we need our best team out against the best sides. Otamendi was awful against Liverpool and if Mane hadn't have been sent off he would have terrorised him all second half aswell. Otamendi and Stones (as a await) are not good enough against top opposition and we will probably see this against Chelsea today (hopefully not though!).
Like to add any more?

In today's Daily Mail Vinny has announced he is to retire from international football after the next world cup. Can't come soon enough for me.

This was my guess. Can't blame him for wanting to represent his country in a major tournament, hope for his and our sake he is able to stay moderately fit the rest of the season so we can win some silverware and he can play in the WC again.

I'm still in the dark as to Kompany's estimated return date and Pep never mentions how serious the injury is.

Anyone know?

I'm still in the dark as to Kompany's estimated return date and Pep never mentions how serious the injury is.

Anyone know?

in a weird way, for the time being I think the ambiguity of the whole thing sort of works. We're ticking over nicely without him and in the past far too much has been pinned on when he might return. After a few seasons of this, we've kind of got used to him not being around so the less significance attached to when he might return, the better in my opinion. It's an unusual situation but it's good to not be counting down the days until he's back and the fans/commentators have become less fixated on the narrative that we can't win anything without him. I hope he's back soon but i'm glad his injury problems are not the most prominent story surrounding the squad for once (i think that's best for all parties concerned).

Anyone know?

When we see him on the sheet 60 minutes before kick off time then we know he starts.

Hasn't been seen all week on the training ground so its a fair bet its at least another week away.

There is little point speculating with Vinny these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.