Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well yesterday. At one point he executed an overhead kick clearance, he is obviously feeling confident about what his body can do!

He played well yesterday. At one point he executed an overhead kick clearance, he is obviously feeling confident about what his body can do!

Held my breath when we all could see that overhead kick clearance coming - not because he wouldn't make it but if he would get up unscathed.

On a separate note , I don't often agree with Hoddle but his comment yesterday on Vinny playing central defense rather than Stones made sense to me.

He didn't look that comfortable at times on the right especially when Pep was urging him to go forward & Stones in my opinion would be better suited towards that attacking part of the game.

When I saw the overhead clearance I thought well played then I realised it was Vinny and then it was a cold sweat time until he bounced up !!!!

Kompany is by far our best defender. Moreover, he commands our back line - we're far, far more composed on defense when he starts.

The one thing that might derail our title challenge this year is an injury to Kompany (or many to Otters). The one area that we our lacking depth is centerback.

Hopefully we'll sign another centerback before the window closes or at worst, in the winter window.

Held my breath when we all could see that overhead kick clearance coming - not because he wouldn't make it but if he would get up unscathed.

On a separate note , I don't often agree with Hoddle but his comment yesterday on Vinny playing central defense rather than Stones made sense to me.

He didn't look that comfortable at times on the right especially when Pep was urging him to go forward & Stones in my opinion would be better suited towards that attacking part of the game.

If Stones is going to be given the job of bringing the ball out from the back he really needs to be playing in the middle.

I just dont think that Kompany, Stones & Otamendi make for a natural back 3, because none of them are really suited to playing in the two wider positions. They'll manage ok in most games but its not an ideal combination.

Marshalled the back line superbly. Our offside line was flawless as it usually is when he's there. Not sure where he idea he looked uncomfortable comes from seeing as Brighton had just over 20% possession.

Im going to say this as this is what i thought, It will not go down well but fuck it.

Vinny looked very uncomfortable yesterday and didn't look sharp at all.

I love Vinny, but he didn't have the best of games.

THIS IS MY OPINION.
Mostly agree. A mixed bag from Vinny and some of the things he did with limbs at full stretch had my heart in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.