Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should officially give up on international football. If he doesn't recover from injuries then he should be offered a role at the club - if he wants one. Coaching, business, ambassador etc, etc. Anything just to keep him here.

I'm thinking he's either caught a bit of the Jovetic self confidence issue or there has been some kind of bust up and Guardiola has put him out to pasture. I certainly don't believe he is any longer physically injured!

Whatever the case may be I can't see him offering anything going forward and the sooner he's replaced with a player who occasionally plays for the handsome wages he draws then the better.

He should officially give up on international football. If he doesn't recover from injuries then he should be offered a role at the club - if he wants one. Coaching, business, ambassador etc, etc. Anything just to keep him here.
I'd love it if he did jack it in at international level. But he won't do it. He's proud of representing his country.

Good to see him back and improved as the game went on. The challenge on Vardy has attracted attention, but I thought in the opening 20 he looked understandably rusty. Stones was having to get him to push up on the defensive line when we were defending freekicks- unlike Otamendi he tends to drop deeper too soon- and he was slow on a couple of occasions to peel wide when the ball went back to Ederson. That said, he quickly settled and his forward passes were generally effective once he moved to the right. Three bookings already this season, however, and his habit of clattering an opponent makes me think he'll manage a suspension before Christmas despite having played very few games.

Good to see him back and improved as the game went on. The challenge on Vardy has attracted attention, but I thought in the opening 20 he looked understandably rusty. Stones was having to get him to push up on the defensive line when we were defending freekicks- unlike Otamendi he tends to drop deeper too soon- and he was slow on a couple of occasions to peel wide when the ball went back to Ederson. That said, he quickly settled and his forward passes were generally effective once he moved to the right. Three bookings already this season, however, and his habit of clattering an opponent makes me think he'll manage a suspension before Christmas despite having played very few games.
Well that will be handy if he get sa ban with the rags and spurs coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.