Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that will be handy if he get sa ban with the rags and spurs coming up

Four games started and three bookings. The open manner in which way we play almost makes it inevitable that someone is going to have to take one for the team during a game.

Four games started and three bookings. The open manner in which way we play almost makes it inevitable that someone is going to have to take one for the team during a game.
Then he needs to pick up 2 in the next 2games to get the ban out of the way before the rags and spurs games

I'd love to know how many times he's been booked this season and that spell he was fit back end of last season. I'd guess at virtually every game.

I'd love to know how many times he's been booked this season and that spell he was fit back end of last season. I'd guess at virtually every game.

Booked this season against Leicester, Bournemouth, and Everton but a clean slate at Brighton. Last season, in the 8 league games he started from April onwards, he picked up 3 consecutive bookings against Leicester, Crystal Palace, and Middlesborough. That actually makes it 6 bookings in his last 9 starts. Makes Otamendi look a Saint. :-)

With Stones out. We should really manage Kompany's fitness. One game per week is enough:

Feyenoord (CL)-Tuesday-Rest
Huddersfield-Sunday-Start
Southampton-Wednesday-Rest
West Ham-Sunday-Start
Shakhtar (CL)-Rest-(shouldn't even travel)
Rags-Sunday-Start

Yeah no midweek games for him atm

He should not be playing unless it's really needed

“Of course, we have to take care of him [Kompany], we are trying to do that. He miss more than two months and a half because he play against Gibraltar with 0-9 in the score," said Guardiola.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-city-transfer-news-stones-13923962
--------------------------------
read between the line.
i don't think Pep is please with Kompany, ignoring his advice to withdraw from the Belgium team.
Kompany did the same thing with Pellegrini, and later injured for months. i'm sure Pep aware of that.

He did the same under bobby as well,he seems to have made the club v country decision himself,with the world cup coming up he will keep doing it

He gets booked for making daft, rash challenges and usually quite late. if he ended up with a ban he would only himself to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.