Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he somehow gets to the derby without being banned for it it would be a miracle,take 2 in the next two games and get it over with

It would be, and not through any bias or agenda but the sheer fact he is committing silly fouls. will be frustrating if he was out of key games.

After calming down from the excitement of the winner, I have to say...he was really poor tonight. Everytime he had to go a little bit wide, he either fouled the player or got done 1v1. He jumped out of the line at bizarre times, and then dropped deep when everyone else played the offside trap. Even Otamendi seemed back to his erratic self from last season after a while playing next to him.

Gave away the ball with some really simple balls into midfield too, one of which lead to a dangerous counterattack.

And if you'd told me 6 weeks ago that Kompany replacing Stones would see our defending at set pieces go to shit, I'd not believed you, but that's exactly what's happened.

He's been out for a while, I didn't expect him to be back to 2012 Kompany from game 1, but today he did a worrying impression of someone who's past it. We need Stones back ASAP, and we need Vinny to sharpen up in the meantime.

Looked all out of sorts. I guess its to be expected after being in and out for so long but we gotta figure something out before Jan.

Honestly don't think he's anything like the player he was before the injuries, every game he seems to really struggle to turn around and has to end up just knocking people over when anyone else would just run back with them, while his passing isn't anywhere near as crisp as we need it to be. Good that he's staying fit though so hopefully it's just rust, but he was really poor today and has been a bit of a liability ever since Stones got injured

Vinnie not at his best tonight , he's been out for a couple months so very surprised Pep risked him tonight , he definitely requires a rest against the Hammers need him back to his best for the Rags.

He looked like he just couldn't move out there. It's quite sad, but not sure if he will get his mobility back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.