Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
*inhales cynically*

He was going to be out for two weeks last time and it turned into two and a half months.

Let’s hope Mangala carries his derby form across.

Is it still 3 or 4 weeks for Stones?

judging by the 6 week estimate, I'd expect Stones back at best for Watford, more likely Burnley. No idea on his recovery though.

We have 22 league games left, if he could play in about half of them, we could probably get by with the others until the summer

I can’t think of a better defender in all the time I’ve been following us.

Some people are trying to force him out because of his injury problems (and I understand that argument) and some people are trying to force him out because they were never able to appreciate how good of a defender he actually is and was. Even between 2009-2012, when he was pretty much the best defender on the planet, he was getting slagged of by a small minority of our own. Compare that to the level of praise that Mangala was getting in his first season here on this forum, and you begin to realise it's not even worth arguing about any more.

How has he been given the all clear only to be injured again. Any news if it is the same problem area? Or if Vincent has an underlying muscular issue that may be to do with lifestyle or nutrition?

How has he been given the all clear only to be injured again. Any news if it is the same problem area? Or if Vincent has an underlying muscular issue that may be to do with lifestyle or nutrition?
pep just said muscle injury but not out for too long,that remains to be seen how long it is this time

Fully fit he is still better than anyone else, but he is hardly ever fully fit & he is now older/slower so needs to stretch more, & is often defending with just one or two players, so has to stretch even more as well as bring the ball out & run, so if he's getting injured now, he will get injured in the future.

We have always needed a backup for him & even though Stones & Otta have stepped up a level this season & rescued what could have been a disaster (thank god) we still need another top cb, because we can't trust Vinny & we can't trust two cbs to never get i jured or suspended or lose form.

Vinny would be a perfectly excellent 4th cb.

We should've kept Nastasić, will never understand Pellers for any of the decisions he made. Finally had a true partner for VK and then benches him for majority of the season.

We are going to need to spend big to fill the hole of the #3 CB on the team.

We should've kept Nastasić, will never understand Pellers for any of the decisions he made. Finally had a true partner for VK and then benches him for majority of the season.

We are going to need to spend big to fill the hole of the #3 CB on the team.
Real shame we don't have Nastasic about now, at his age Pep would have a field day with him. Left footed, comfortable on the ball and was learning under Mancini and Pellegrini threw him under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.