Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep on signing a defender on January: "We are thinking about it. I’m honest. In that department, we have few players. Maybe we are looking for another central defender due to the problems with Vincent."

Mike Doyle? Dave Watson? Those two were definitely up there with the best of their era, just as Vinny has been exceptional during his tenure of being fit and the leader of the team.
They were good, they were monsters for us. Watson was probably the best centre half in England for a few years, once unjury finished Mcfarland and if you wanted a Utd player clattered then Doyle was the man. Loved watching tbem.

The difference is Kompany was among the best in Europe for years, maybe the world and as much as I loved watching them they weren’t world class defenders in their time. They were great First Division defenders and great club men.

Kompany was world class. Take him back and put him in Cruyff’s Ajax and he wouldn’t look out of place.

How has he been given the all clear only to be injured again. Any news if it is the same problem area? Or if Vincent has an underlying muscular issue that may be to do with lifestyle or nutrition?

Once you have a serious injury then your body just gets prone to having more. Things get out of balance, muscles are built up around weakened areas to do jobs they aren’t designed for. Particularly true of serious knee injuries apparently.

It’s a bit like how earthquakes trigger other earthquakes.

I’m just amazed at the courage and determination he displays coming back time and again.

A muscle injury apparently , and it appears he was never fully match fit , so the fitness doubts before the game unfortunately were proven correct and not the nonsense referred to by you.
Cheers
Thankyou,i saw the diagnosis myself earlier.
As for your other comment,he did not go into the derby injured,you were speculating,so lets not go down that road......Cheers.

Thankyou,i saw the diagnosis myself earlier.
As for your other comment,he did not go into the derby injured,you were speculating,so lets not go down that road......Cheers.

It was an opinion based on media reports and Pep's comments , and VK only lasted 45 minutes because he wasnt fit. Looks like i am on a roll though , so i will drive up that road you speak of and go to the bookies , and will be "speculating" on a Mangala hat-trick tonight (and see if they will pay out my title winning bet:)

Ho Ho Ho Merry Xmas and a Happy Blue Year

Once you have a serious injury then your body just gets prone to having more.
I’m just amazed at the courage and determination he displays coming back time and again.

no, this really dfepends on the regeneration ability of the particular organoid or tissue

and everybody is amazed by him, his professionalism is very unique

Absolute necessity that we buy another CB in January we all love VK but it's fast becoming a bit of a charade all this now, we simply cannot rely on him.
Who on earth passed him to be fit on Sunday, sounds like Pep went off VK's word and then broke down yet again.

Absolute necessity that we buy another CB in January we all love VK but it's fast becoming a bit of a charade all this now, we simply cannot rely on him.
Who on earth passed him to be fit on Sunday, sounds like Pep went off VK's word and then broke down yet again.
Agree with all of this other than fitness - Kompany would not have been started unless deemed fit - why? Because we wouldn't want to risk an injury to him.

Unfortunately Kompany's career is almost certainly over. He's a hugely talented player - one of the top 5 defenders in world football when fit IMO - but, is way too prone to injury.
=====
Best case - Kompany can take part in Belgium's WC team this summer; and perhaps can take up a coaching/managerial role, hopefully as part of our management structure.

Very true absolutely "non sensical" to start a half fit vinny , suspect that his commitment to play against our arch rivals got the better of him , alls well that ends well we beat the Rags , completely agree we need a centre back in the January window , apparently Bonucci is having a mare at Milan, he maybe a good stop gap until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.