Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true absolutely "non sensical" to start a half fit vinny , suspect that his commitment to play against our arch rivals got the better of him , alls well that ends well we beat the Rags , completely agree we need a centre back in the January window , apparently Bonucci is having a mare at Milan, he maybe a good stop gap until the end of the season.

What's Dunne doing these days?

Very true absolutely "non sensical" to start a half fit vinny , suspect that his commitment to play against our arch rivals got the better of him , alls well that ends well we beat the Rags , completely agree we need a centre back in the January window , apparently Bonucci is having a mare at Milan, he maybe a good stop gap until the end of the season.
Is he now? We were once blind, but now we see :)

I'm sorry but I'm not having this. Vinny has been hurt off and on for three years now, during which time the club has shown incredible patience and has literally sent him around the world to try anything possible to help him get healthy. Over the same period of time he hasn't shown the same standard of care towards his own body, has consistently exposed himself to unnecessary risks with Belgium, and got hurt in a meaningless friendly against Gibraltar. He absolutely has not proven he can stay healthy for a long period of time and again has put us in a difficult situation going into the winter period.

In our squad we cannot have passengers. He is, and will always be, a club legend but his foreign slot is valuable and we need to move him on for the good of the club.
Totally agree , no passengers in professional sport.....for Vinnie retire from international duty afterWC. Do a bit of networking and try to get a two year pay as you play deal lower down the food chain al a Zab

Kompany may be injured a lot, but he has already played an important part in this run we are having.

The whole defence improved when he came back into it last season, which was the beginning of the uplift in quality of the team & he has stepped in for some important games this season. Whatever some might say, our cbs are NOT playing the same way they were before VK came back in. They are much less cowboy in their decision making & much tougher & much much smarter in defending.

We have been short of one extra top quality senior cb all season, if if we'd had one, Vinny would only be needed in emergencies rather than being used as a first choice starter, as he was at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately, that is not feasible.

He is perfect for that 4th cb role & as an assistant of Guardiola to keep on top of the other cbs, eventually handing over to someone like Tosin perhaps & moving into another job.

International football has nothing to do with his injuries, lets face it. He's just hit a long period of chronic and recurring problems that restrict him to a few games and then a few weeks or more off. But whilst he's under contract (is it til 2019?) then I'm sure the club and Vinny himself will continue to work hard to solve the problems and have him available as much as they can. However Pep has been pretty clear that we cannot rely anymore on him being available when we need him and I'm pretty sure the club know they have to get a new CB in, whether its a young one that can have a good few years here or whether its a more experienced one to cover for Stones/Otamendi I don't know, I guess that depends on what Pep feels about Mangala and Tosin but Vinny I think will just be a luxury now, used if fit but that's it, no expectations and no reliance on him. Hopefully, he and the club will work towards getting him involved in the coaching set up once his current contract is up

Kompany may be injured a lot, but he has already played an important part in this run we are having.

The whole defence improved when he came back into it last season, which was the beginning of the uplift in quality of the team & he has stepped in for some important games this season. Whatever some might say, our cbs are NOT playing the same way they were before VK came back in. They are much less cowboy in their decision making & much tougher & much much smarter in defending.

We have been short of one extra top quality senior cb all season, if if we'd had one, Vinny would only be needed in emergencies rather than being used as a first choice starter, as he was at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately, that is not feasible.

He is perfect for that 4th cb role & as an assistant of Guardiola to keep on top of the other cbs, eventually handing over to someone like Tosin perhaps & moving into another job.
Sorry but don't agree that Vinnie can do that 4th choice role as he is never available before I get hordes of angry villagers with burning crosses chasing me down I am not advocating taking behind the barn and shooting him but if we buy a cb in Jan it must be to replace Vinnie. A broken Ferrari is less use than a functional Trabant.

Sorry but don't agree that Vinnie can do that 4th choice role as he is never available before I get hordes of angry villagers with burning crosses chasing me down I am not advocating taking behind the barn and shooting him but if we buy a cb in Jan it must be to replace Vinnie. A broken Ferrari is less use than a functional Trabant.

He is actually availble sometimes & has 7 PL appearences, a couple of which were when it was risking longer injury by playing him, but Pep risked it.

That's because the alternative was Mangala, a back 3, or an 18 year old kid. Pep even used Fernandinho when VK went off, rather than bringing on Mangala.

If the alternative was Virgil Van Dijk, then Kompany's appearences recently would probably be one, next to Tosin, v Leicester. That's perfect, for a 4th choice cb, with a young kid coming through to eventually take over.

He is actually availble sometimes & has 7 PL appearences, a couple of which were when it was risking longer injury by playing him, but Pep risked it.

That's because the alternative was Mangala, a back 3, or an 18 year old kid. Pep even used Fernandinho when VK went off, rather than bringing on Mangala.

If the alternative was Virgil Van Dijk, then Kompany's appearences recently would probably be one, next to Tosin, v Leicester. That's perfect, for a 4th choice cb, with a young kid coming through to eventually take over.
He wasn't available for that game due to a muscle strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.