Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second half I thought Vinny was immense particularly with his passing. The increased tempo often started with his single touch to someone in space.

I thought he often was taking too many touches early rather than play quickly, but I know I'm on the minority. He was markedly better in the 2nd half. And the professional foul on Lewin kid ws his best play of the game. Overall a decent game. Could learn a thing or 2 from Otamendi on how to ping a quick long ball accurately. And also do a better job joining the attack like Otamendi was doing on the other side.

I thought he often was taking too many touches early rather than play quickly, but I know I'm on the minority. He was markedly better in the 2nd half. And the professional foul on Lewin kid ws his best play of the game. Overall a decent game. Could learn a thing or 2 from Otamendi on how to ping a quick long ball accurately. And also do a better job joining the attack like Otamendi was doing on the other side.

Just curious Dax, what did you make of Otter's performance against Calvert Lewin in the opening half hour?

I think you're doing him a disservice. My opinion of Otamendi is as high as yours, but I don't think his style of play is easily replicated. It's what makes Otamendi as good as he is. I'd prefer Vinny to sit deep and do his thing there, he just lacks the penetration the other two CBs possess.

You need to get out of otamendi's arse.

It's getting creepy now your bringing up of Otamendi whenever you talk about Kompany.

Just curious Dax, what did you make of Otter's performance against Calvert Lewin in the opening half hour?

I was surprised how many times Ottamendi was beaten in air by that guy in first half.

I was surprised how many times Ottamendi was beaten in air by that guy in first half.

Yep. I thought he struggled until switching to the other side, much better after that.

Kompany might have done better on their goal but had a decent game overall I thought.

I didn't think much of it. the kid had speed on Ota but didn't get a cross for shot in once. Got almost no support from Sane.Yet chased the kid on multiple occasions and redirected him backwards often. But the narrative here has been that Pep made the change because Ota was getting targeted. I think it an unsubstantiated claim steeped in bias.

But I digress... These is the Kompany thread, and I was simply pointing out the good and bad I saw, and things he could do better. But folks should feel free to let me know if something I said was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.