Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 19 Jul 2017.

1. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

I'd rather have him than Evans.

2. karen7

karen7

Vincent Kompany on possibly leaving City in the summer: "That’s not even a debate. If I stay fit, I’ll want to play football at City. And if I’m not fit, I won’t have other options. I don’t know if I could muster the same motivation elsewhere."

3. cookster

cookster

Legend! There should always be a role at City for Vinny.

4. Clercqs

Clercqs

Love you Captain.

5. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    Once a Blue.......

Some quality game time and a truck load of luck to stay injury free should see Captain Vinny back to his World class best.

6. Dax777

Dax777

The depth of quality in that answer is comforting and saddening at the same time :(

7. bobom

bobom

I couldn't watch last night. How did Vinnie play?

8. Gabriel

Gabriel

Quite well. Had to cover Otamendi a couple of times and there were some challenges, especially when he went to ground, where your heart was. In your mouth, but he generally did okay. The defence was a little shaky at times last night, particularly early on, but that may have been because Delph and Otamendi didn’t look 100% fit and took time to settle. Both seemed to be wearing support tapes on their legs.

9. domalino

domalino

I think that depends on how people perceive Kompany's position in the squad.

Compared to the other 3, he's poor on the ball - the passing is a lot slower, he takes a too many touches and that slows our build up play down a lot. He's still a long way from match sharpness and I thought some of his defending was quite reactionary, like he was a bit slow to see danger and then had to make covering challenges rather than cut things out earlier.

As a 4th choice CB I think he was brilliant. As a 1st choice CB and captain, he's got quite a way to go before he's anywhere near his best and he's got to catch up almost 2 seasons worth of practice playing out of the back, being important in the build up and spreading the ball quickly.

Personally I'm just happy to see him on the pitch whenever he makes it on these days. He's been such a big part of the club for so long that I'm glad he played in the CL for the first time and if we go on to win it he can say he was part of that, because he deserves to be.

10. Craig

Craig

Played very well