Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

Tackle. Oof!

My immediate reaction was, ‘I hope he’s alright!’, but for the first time in many years, my thought was for the opponent and not this time for Vincent. Looked fit and strong.

Poor from the captain today - so many misplaced balls out us under immense pressure, also a yellow that could've been much costlier after just 10mins...

Think going forward the Stone + Laporte will be first choice

Both Huddersfield and the Wolves identified him as the defender to press when in possession. Others need to work harder and sooner to make angles for him.

Love Vinny to bits but he was poor today, very casual in possession and looked very shaky.

Hopefully, just a bad day at the office but needs to improve on today's showing which I am sure he will.

Poor start and the yellow was unnecessary.To be fair he didn't let him bother him but he was below his best by some distance.

It's like Guardiola told him to watch some Otamendi and Stones to pick up some pointers, and he picked up the 2016/17 DVD by mistake.

Played beyond his own level today when he didn't have to. Was too casual and too often lacking in concentration.

Credit where it's due, there were a couple fantastic defensive actions in there. And no harm in booting it out when the other option is a bad giveaway.

But you have to wonder whether he's playing ahead of Otamendi and Stones right now because he's the better player or because he's captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.