Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to find fault with our transfer business this summer but whether or not the club is worried about Kompany's latest injury, we should have gone all out for a CB in the summer. A left sided CB who can play FB would make alot of sense and kill two birds with one stone....

We don't have any luck when it comes to keeping our best defenders fit do we? Injuries and referees are a pain in the ass, every time we start feeling optimistic they rear their head.

Massive void to try and fill. I don't think he's going to play again for us. I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive void to try and fill. I don't think he's going to play again for us. I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course he will but i think this is the last season for him,he will stay around as club capt and ambassador but thats it,he wants to manage so he might go off to Belgium i suppose

I heard last night from a reliable source that Kompany is causing major concerns behind the scenes and has suffered another setback. This may not be surprising to many but staff at City have decided that a permanent replacement is URGENTLY needed.
Virgil Van Dyke is being seriously considered as an immediate replacement.(as immediate as Jan anyway obs)
This comes on top of the worry for Mendy as we were already looking for back up. Names mentioned last night were Bertrand, Chillwell and Tierney.But with some of our players already on loan at Celtic it is felt we may have some bargaining power for Tierney.
If true, its sad for Kompany, but life goes on. He put his frigile body at unnecessary risk playing a dead rubber International match & his actions have yet again impacted on City.

I said from the end of the window that we need another LB, CB CM, RM, CDM & a young reserve striker wouldn't go amiss either. Our success or failure this season will come down to our strength in depth. 1-18 is great, but there's still a lack of squad balance over all.

Last edited:
I said from the end of the window that we need another LB, CB CM, RM, CDM & a young reserve striker wouldn't go amiss either. Our success or failure this season will come down to our strength in depth. 1-18
Are you serious? To City at the going rate for 5 players that have the quality for selection you are looking at another £200M minimum! How do you think we would square that with Fair Play scrutiny? It's not Fantasy league we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.