Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we risk Vinnie before the derby game ? Feyenoord , Huddersfield , West Ham , Southampton , Shaktar are all winnable with Otto and Mangala at the back , the Rags is the important game , we beat them at the swamp and their title race is over , they are finished for another season , so we should wrap Vinnie in cotton wool , and no doubt Pep will have a training programme to keep him sharp. If Vinnie plays games and breaks down again before the derby , i wouldnt fancy Otto and Mangala against Big Nose , Lookatme ,Rashford , A&E and all the other over size animals they have available.

Just of shit and giggles lets turn this on it's head,
What happens if we play Ottomendi and Mangala in all the games in the lead up to the derby and we come out of them unbeaten and with 5 clean sheets. What do we do for the derby? break up a partnership that is working to fit Kompany in or stick with Otto and Mangala?
I raise this as it could happen and i never thought there would come a day where we could have to make a serious choice between Kompany and Mangala for a derby :)

The sensible thing to do with vinny would be no more than 1 game a week and sub him in any games we are easily winning. Not saying this means he won't get injured but surely it reduces the chances of him doing so.

The sensible thing to do with vinny would be no more than 1 game a week and sub him in any games we are easily winning. Not saying this means he won't get injured but surely it reduces the chances of him doing so.
Or we could just not play him. Much less chance of him getting injured then :-)

Hope your right , i think Vinnie put together about a dozen games at the end of last season and the start of this season , so if we can get another 20 games out of him before May , i think we will win the title in a canter , in my eyes he's still a massive influence at the club , despite his injury record
I'm not predicting whether or not he will break down, just saying we can't completely wrap him in cotton wool for big games only, he needs some rest but he also needs match practise and he's almost as likely to break down in training. We need to play him and hope he stays fit as he had for several months before his last international sojourn.

Just of shit and giggles lets turn this on it's head,
What happens if we play Ottomendi and Mangala in all the games in the lead up to the derby and we come out of them unbeaten and with 5 clean sheets. What do we do for the derby? break up a partnership that is working to fit Kompany in or stick with Otto and Mangala?
I raise this as it could happen and i never thought there would come a day where we could have to make a serious choice between Kompany and Mangala for a derby :)

Otto and Mangala with five consecutive clean sheets , i bet Raggy Fred Done would take my money :) , seriously you have a good point , but he could pair Walker or Dinho with Otto at centre back and have a similar outcome , i couldnt second guess Pep , but i am confident he will have a plan for all eventualities , a fully fit Vinnie is still our best defender and would be more confident of stuffing the swampdwellers with him in the starting line up.

Should we risk Vinnie before the derby game ? Feyenoord , Huddersfield , West Ham , Southampton , Shaktar are all winnable with Otto and Mangala at the back , the Rags is the important game , we beat them at the swamp and their title race is over , they are finished for another season , so we should wrap Vinnie in cotton wool , and no doubt Pep will have a training programme to keep him sharp. If Vinnie plays games and breaks down again before the derby , i wouldnt fancy Otto and Mangala against Big Nose , Lookatme ,Rashford , A&E and all the other over size animals they have available.
Mandala had big nose in his pocket in champs league (PSG) he was running Otta ragged then they switched if I remember correctly.

Stupid decision to play him tonight. One game a week max for Kompany like the run at the end of last season. Midweek games are a no-no for him. Pay-as-you-play contract and he’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.