Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seemed telling in Pep’s press conference today (about Otamendi):

“Nico has been amazing, because he’s a guy who even with pain, even with problems in the ankle, in the knee, in the back, he always fights. He’s one of the hugest competitors I ever seen in my life. He was so important. I cannot imagine the situation we would be in, in terms of the table, in terms of the way we play, without him. It would have been impossible.”

Yep and again, it's really out of character for Pep. Just seems like there is something there, apart from the obvious, with Vincent. Still, in his pre-conference yesterday he was very complimentary about his master's degree just completed and the need for footballers to plan for life after football.

Nico may well play through the pain, he's a younger player, and that's not to say Vinny hasn't done that when younger too, the difference is that Vinny is older now, and it takes much more TLC and running repairs to keep him playing.
Wonderful news that he's fit again for Sunday, getting a run of games is just he needs to get that match sharpness back, and until Stones is back in, we need Vinny playing

Nico may well play through the pain, he's a younger player, and that's not to say Vinny hasn't done that when younger too, the difference is that Vinny is older now, and it takes much more TLC and running repairs to keep him playing.
Wonderful news that he's fit again for Sunday, getting a run of games is just he needs to get that match sharpness back, and until Stones is back in, we need Vinny playing
He’s about a year younger. 30 in Feb. Kompany is 31.

If the likes of McGrath, and King could be managed years ago, I don't see why we can't manage Vinny with the current technology available.

If he felt something the other night, the best thing all round is for him to come off, no need to aggravate it, or leave us struggling with a passenger either. If it has since turned out to be nothing much then good, it might actually give him a bit more confidence that he can play through it.

They were managing a more mechanical injury, to the knee joint. They could still train, if only in a swimming pool and enough injections to get through a game.

Muscles are different. They can just go at any time and never regain full solidity once damaged.

I damaged my calf and weeks later it popped again just stepping out the front door. Another time just walking. Vinnie has done so many muscles that one is bound to go again. Especially in the rigours of a game. I think that’s what we are seeing with these early game issues.

Basically he can be at full fitness and one of his repeatedly damaged calf muscles can go at any time.

Hes a liability. Nobody will buy him so he'll run his contract down and then he'll be gone.

Love your compassion for on of our greats!
That's the same reasoning that let Patrick Vieira leave Arsenal and for City to snap him up.
Vinny has a wealth of experience and knowledge, to let him go without trying to utilise not only his footballing knowledge, his leadership qualities, and his legacy at City would be a crime.

Love your compassion for on of our greats!
That's the same reasoning that let Patrick Vieira leave Arsenal and for City to snap him up.
Vinny has a wealth of experience and knowledge, to let him go without trying to utilise not only his footballing knowledge, his leadership qualities, and his legacy at City would be a crime.

Agreed.

Hes a liability. Nobody will buy him so he'll run his contract down and then he'll be gone.
No he isn't, he is one of the greatest & loyalest player ever to be at our Club.

As he now has a Masters in Business Management he will be put to use in our organisation when he decides it is time to stop playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.